Make your Own Train Company

"Central Manchester & Northern Lincolnshire" Reporting mark: CM&NL. It's a small railway operating from 1978 in UK. It has only 1 line that is called "Southern Lincolnshire" It starts at Manchester and ends in Lincoln. The railway is electrified. Earlier it used steam engines, now it uses electrified locomotives. It was formed in result of fictional bankruptcy of GWR and WSR. One man put them together and runned this railway company. The line has about 50 level crossings as i can say. Earlier it had more, most of them were all ungated, some were AOCL, some are user worked level crossings. Then in 1985 they replaced some level crossings near Manchester with bridges due to accidents. The line passes through Sheffield before ending at Lincoln Central station. It has 3 stations: Manchester Station, Sheffield Station, Lincoln Central Station. When i make the route done i put some pics. The traveling on that line takes half of 5 hours. They plan to build one more line called: "London to Lincoln". This line starts at London and ends at Lincoln. This line passes much further than ECML. It takes a bit of 15 hours travelling on that line. The line now is still working. Rarely you can see diesel Class 153 mostly somewhere on the line travelling. Cause we ain't need to waste a lots and lots of money on electrified trains.

I was thinking of building that route anyway - is there a way to put real world elevation data into Trainz for maximum prototypical accuracy?

Yes, using TransDEM. Though it costs money, you can download it for free somehowly, but it glitches a lot! So i recommend not to use that and try to recreate the mountains

The updated map for the M&O with a LOT of new routes; mostly ex-NYC and PRR in Indiana and Ohio that the railroad took over as they were abandoned. The M&O still believes in lcl service and tries to bring rail freight to many towns along its route.

f6b4f7b9dc9fa7086a5adb9941d9f3de.png

Last edited:
My own train company is a South Side Terminal Railroad or SST, for short.
It`s operating in a ex-freight port district of city, SST`s main purpose are transfering small palletised loads between two river banks. SST owns 4 locomotives in total: two MotivePower MP2800/B and 2 Railpower RP20BD. You can see only two locomotives on screenshots, because other two are currently in process of delivery. Railroad has two paint schemes: dark future(MP2800s) and bright future (RP20BDs).

That dark future scheme looks excellent, man. Nice job on those units!

I last posted here in Nov. 2014 without much planning at all roughly.
A little more up-to-date description of the Silver Lines Railroad (SLRR).
Most towns and whatnot are fictional.

The Silver Lines Railroad dates back into the late 1800s as a small shortline connecting a few nearby small towns together for a passenger and freight system, including a very small silver mine. Things opened up for the Silver Lines when tracks extended outwards to connect up to the largest town in the area - Northborough - and near a few other short lines. Over the next few years, the Silver Lines managed to acquire a few other short lines around and continue expansion. By the 1900s, the Silver Lines was still undergoing large expansions to other larger railroads. For the next couple decades, the Silver Lines would connect many towns across multiple Midwest-Eastern states and begin stretching north of Illinois. While at the time it had the chance to expand into Chicago, management at the time decided not to. This would be a mistake, as shortly after they would not be able to bring their own tracks in but instead have trackage rights. Business was booming, and plenty of money was coming in to allow this. It was the biggest expansion at one time the Silver Lines would ever have. When the Great Depression hit, there were a few small lines that were cut off of the Silver Lines and all track expansion was halted. The SLRR muddled through fairly well and made it to WWII when it got a large increase in passenger & freight servicing like most railroads at the time. Expansion of the tracks continued, including an interchange with the Milwaukee Road just above the Illinois border. Eastward expansion would continue until they reached West Virginia. After the war ended, passenger service declined but freight still continued reasonably well. Most expansion was relatively low at this time.

The Electrified Line
When the Pennsylvania RR & New York Central merged into Penn Central, the Silver Lines was aware that this could result in many lines being discontinued, including a double tracked line connecting the cities of Eastbrook & Westbrook (founded one after another by the same group of people) in West Virginia, among other small portions of track. Penn Central's collapse allowed the Silver Lines to swoop in and grab that large portion of tracks in 1969. PC cut that section of tracks off of their system to try to save money. The Silver Lines was luckily the first to make a bid to acquire that section of tracks - other railroads in the area were also keen to use it. Two small ex-PRR yards were situated nearby each town and Westbrook had a massive coal mine under construction near it and the yard. The large power plant at the opposite town along with other nearby power connections gave management an idea. After carefully watching the Milwaukee Road, the SLRR saw the old Boxcab units were wearing out. Shortly after acquiring the line, the SLRR gave the Milwaukee Road an offer to begin hauling out the Boxcabs to the new area. It was immediately responded to with a yes as the Milwaukee Road then, even after its work to stay afloat was still in need of new locomotives to replace the Boxcabs and was short on money still. Over the next few years, 99% of the old Boxcab units were hauled by Silver Lines & Milwaukee Road locomotives out to the interchange point and brought all the way out to the newly constructed electric locomotive shop. The Boxcabs would see large overhauls to rebuild them better & stronger than before. In 1980, the Milwaukee Road was back on its feet and could continue operations easily with the new electric locomotives it had. They were sent an offer to purchase the Little Joe locomotives and it was accepted. Early in 1981, 12 Milwaukee Road Joes were hauled off to the Silver Lines' shops, along with a few dozen diesels, including 30 SD40-2s (many requiring large repairs). At the same time, the South Shore was purchased by the Silver Lines. The 3 Little Joes owned by the South Shore were also sent into the same shops a few months after the MILW's. An interesting note, the Silver Lines never had track into or around Chicago before its acquisition of the South Shore. The Joes & Boxcabs were refitted, repaired, refurbished, & repainted and placed into service to replace the diesels that had been operating that particular line. Many of the diesels continued to operate there as extra power to help out the electrics. Catenary very similar to the MILW began to be placed above the line upon the notice the Boxcabs would arrive into the Silver Lines system. It was placed down before & during the refurbishing of the first Boxcabs.
By 1986, only a single EF1 set of Boxcabs would remain on the Milwaukee Road's system as helper units. In 1987, they finally went to the Silver Lines.
The acquisition of the PRR/PC line & the Milwaukee Road electrics (plus some diesels) was one of the largest acquisitions by the Silver Lines to date.

Expansion of the electrified line would occur in the 1990s after seeing the current system was working with the large surplus of electric units. Catenary would stretch from Westbrook back to small towns in eastern IL by 1995, and by 1997 would finally arrive in Northborough, IL.

Other
While electrification was in the sights of the Silver Lines, other things were happening.
When the Rock Island finally shut down on March 31st, 1980, the Silver Lines acquired most of the line into Illinois and Iowa along with most of the units in the areas.
The Silver Lines made a purchase that would merge the South Shore into the Silver Lines in 1980 & 1981, including their electrics & diesels. This gave the SLRR its first trackage into Chicago.

The Illinois Central's acquisition by Canadian National in 1999 gave CN trackage into Champaign-Urbana, IL (hey that's where I live). The Silver Lines gave an offer to CN to acquire the tracks within both cities and the primary line out of it while still giving CN trackage rights throughout, as well as the original Silver Lines tracks that went around the area. The same line exiting Champaign towards Chicago met up with Silver Lines tracks and a small interchange was located there. CN accepted the offer and gave all trackage in the area to the Silver Lines. The line had been a missing link for the Silver Lines for years, allowing a final, easier connection to another section of the line farther south.

Much of the Silver Lines primary motive power are SD40-2s, along with other small SD & GP unit types, plus the electric locomotives.
Special vegetation control trains (VC / VCT) were created for heavily overgrown tracks. 20 SD40-2s are in a special VC livery, while 5 sets of VC cars are setup for the heavy overgrowth, with another set of 5 being for standard trackage clearing or minor overgrowth. The heavy VC trains have a locomotive on either side of the train as of 2002.

Special thanks to tume for help regarding the acquiring of MILW assets, and n8phu for ideas in terms of trackage, especially the RI.

While I have no official trackage map for the Silver Lines, we do have some screenshots instead.

20216847740_e910732008_h.jpg

16969772881_fb97619d49_o.png

16796330783_05406fc4b1_o.png

17876577634_5aa5cf0817_h.jpg

19140815054_2e302298d8_h.jpg

Welcome to the Silver Lines Railroad.

Cheers,
SM

I don't have any pictures of the railroad in action or a route map as I am still in the early stages of creating this railroad.

Anyway I present to you the Gulf Central Railroad (GCRY)!

Gulf Central is a fairly new railroad founded in 1986 to operate a cluster of lines in Mississippi and Alabama that were recently spun of from the Illinois Central Gulf (ICG). The railroad's system is a cluster of lines, most don't even connect to each other and trackage rights over other ICG and CSX lines are needed for the railroad to connect with itself. Gulf Central lines themselves aren't in the best shape either, defered maintenance from the ICG as left much of the system in poor shape, not to mention the railroads motive power which consist mostly of former Conrail GP38-2s which have been in storage since the Penn Central era, still one can find SD40-2s, B30-7s and C30-7s roaming the system as well. Gulf Central even operates some passenger services using a former Amtrak GP9 and some old Budd coaches. There is no official paint scheme yet and locomotives travel the system with patched on Gulf Central logos. The poor state of the railroad is what gives it some charm and new investors are currently helping rehabilitate the system installing new welded rail in some areas and bringing the old signal system back on line! 2016 looks to be a promising year for the railroad as rehabilitation continues and talks with CSX to purchase more connecting lines progress on! I hope to soon have a better description on GC operations as this little project takes off!

For now, enjoy this rough sketch-up of the Gulf Central logo!
cZXWAws.png

How do you make a logo? I have always wondered how to do it.

I usually use Photoshop and create the logo on a transparent layer to apply over anything I need it too. The Gulf Central logo above however I made in Paint.NET as I use that program for quick sketches, still I made it the same way 2 layers, one transparent and then the logo on top of that.

I've once again altered history for my San Diego Northern Railway.

Before, the SDNR was to replace the California Southern Railroad in history, as the builder of the San Diego - Oceanside -Barstow line (the San Diego - Oceanside portion would later become part of Santa Fe's Surf Line). The SDNR was to become a subsidiary of Santa Fe, instead of outright absorbed like the CSRR, but would remain largely independent of its parent company. The name San Diego Northern was taken from the real-world San Diego Northern Railway, formed by North County Transit District in the early 1990s to purchase the San Diego - Oceanside line, and the Oceanside - Escondido branch, from Santa Fe to be used by their Coaster and Sprinter trains. Instead of forming in the 1990s, I had the SDNR form a century earlier to take CSRR's place. But now I'm changing that.

Instead of SDNR forming in the 19th Century and living into today, I'm having the CSRR remain independent from Santa Fe from its birth in the late 1800s to current times. The Oceanside - Barstow section that was later abandoned by Santa Fe in reality remains in service to this day with the CSRR. The San Diego & Arizona will be a later eastward expansion of the CSRR, rather than its own company and will prove to be expensive to maintain. It'll be a ragtag railway, surviving by the skin of its teeth by forming a close relationship with the Santa Fe. As such, Santa Fe has plenty of trackage rights over the CSRR into San Diego (and later east from San Diego into Arizona). In return, the CSRR recieves assistance with overall track maintenance to keep it all running. Rolling stock maintenance is the responsibility of the owning company, with CSRR's coaching stock largely made up of ex-Santa Fe equipment. When Amtrak was formed in 1971, the CSRR did not join.

By the late 1980s, the CSRR's financial instability was relieved after some smart managerial and business choices (of which I have yet to come up with). They were able to purchase their first new locomotives in nearly half a century, in the form of EMD F59PH's. Local passenger trains used to only travel between Oceanside and San Diego until this time, when local Oceanside - Barstow services were inaugurated. The local service running along the coast was commonly called "The Coaster", with inland local trains comically dubbed "The Toaster" due to the poor air conditioning of the older passenger cars and the hot desert climate the trains ran through. It wasn't until around 1994 when the CSRR purchased new Bombardier bi-level passenger cars, with much improved air conditioning for all local trains Though, the Toaster name stuck regardless. At around the same time, their existing stock of single level streamlined passenger cars used on their two named intercity trains, the Barstow - San Diego "Silver Gate" and San Diego - Yuma "Corizzo Gorge", were also expanded and refurbished, allowing greater passenger comfort and increasing ridership.

Today, CSRR no longer receives aid for track maintenance. Ridership on all four passenger trains continue to increase. BNSF freight trains come into San Diego from northern and eastern destinations over CSRR rails, with Amtrak California's "Pacific Surfliner" trains only running along the San Diego - Oceanside section to head northward.

Here is one from the Northeast, Trainz Commuter Rail - Northeastern Division

During 1970s when government funded state transportation systems rose to power as the regional passenger rail, NJDOT, NYDOT and PADOT all funded their transportation division to a small private company known as TCR -Trainz Commuter Rail in hopes of recovering passenger service throughout the Northeast, connecting major terminals such as NY Penn station for midtown direct and having extended service with NJT/NJDOT as well as Metro-North/MTA, as well as Pennsylvania 30th street in PA for connecting with SEPTA, as well as expanding services to west to Lackawanna Cutoff. However, the early days were usually serviced by handed down equipments from Amtrak and Penn Central, receiving variety of equipments such as E44/GG1s still in Penn Central/Conrail Paint and E8s as well as fleet Budd 85' coaches and PRR MP85s (Silverliner IIs) for passenger service. These were poorly maintained so it was not uncommon to see two to three locomotives in front trying to pull 8 car consists from NY Penn to 30th Street station.

However, through constant service and stable ridership generating enough revenue, TCRX was able to purchase new Electric locomotives such as AEM-7ACs as well as variant of Czechoslovakian locomotive YZ1 modified for US service as well as retire their aging Silverliner II and Budd 85' coaches for Bombardier coaches during 1990s. With new push for public transportation in 1998, TCRX was also able to re-electrify and rebuild Jersey City Terminal, as well as purchase overhead catenary AC based subways for short-commuter services for their electrified lines.

Into the modern era, TCRX was able to build two new lines as well as their own passenger terminals as well as start light rail service throughout New York City and vicinity. In 2005, TCRX purchased Bi-level Coaches as well as overhaul of MP85 fleet to regular EMU coaches. It was also able to rebuild several lines for High speed rail capacity, using Metroliners from Penn Central and re-equipping them modern technologies. In 2008 they also purchased a fleet of M7e, a modified variant of Metro-North M7s to run on AC Catenary as well as 3rd rail to serve in PATH Subway Terminals.

Today TCRX is working with NJT, SEPTA and MTA to serve Northeast with better passenger service at affordable cost as well as provide an exclusive high speed rail from Northern NY (Tuckahoe, Syracus) to Wilmington DE and service more parts of Eastern US.
nJ7atCn.jpg

ybOngXg.jpg
iQiBLqD.jpg
QbPfkju.jpg
oak78Id.jpg
1JE3v5Y.jpg

Last edited:
Update on the Tennessee Pacific Shortline Holding Company

We have recently made our biggest purchase - and our biggest gamble. We recently purchased CSX's EK Subdivision, which runs between Winchester, Kentucky and Hazard, Kentucky, the Rockhouse Subdivision from Hazard, Kentucky to Rapid Load, Kentucky, the E&BV Subdivision between Rapid Load, Kentucky and Martin, Kentucky, and the Big Sandy Subdivision between Catlettsburg, Kentucky and Elkhorn City, Kentucky. This railroad has become the East Kentucky Railroad, with tourist trains running under the name East Kentucky Scenic Railway. Also, R.J. Corman and Tennessee Pacific came together to form Tennessee-Corman Railroad Services, jointly owned by both companies, to purchase the former Clinchfield route from Elkhorn City, Kentucky, all the way to Spartanburg, South Carolina. The old Clinchfield Railroad has been renamed the Clinchfield Railway, and operated by Tennessee-Corman Railroad Services. Tourist trains run on the Clinchfield Railway under the name Clinchfield Scenic Railroad.

Howdy from the Southland & Western Railway

My Fictional shortline is a work in progress right now. This railroad is based in the Thundering Plains of Texas with rolling hills and farms as far as the eye can see, small towns with a handful of industries are what make up this railroad. The eastern mainline which is the Deer Field Subdivision (a.k.a. The Cornbelt line) is finished as far as trackage, all that's left is the detailing work. The western mainline is named The Pioneer Subdivision.

This picture from the Deer Field Sub shows the old painted engines which rosters (SW1200's, SD7's, SD9's, GP15-1's and SD45's) passing the newer painted power which rosters (GP35M's, SD45's and SD45-2's).

Update on the Butner Lines railroad/railway:

Founded sometime in the 1900's on the Butner Isles, which is an archipelago located 'Somewhere in the Atlantic', Butner Lines holds the distinction of the being the only railroad system that still uses steam locomotives in regular service alongside diesel and electric locomotives due to an abundance of coal. The rail system stretches from Hag's Hat to Stonewalls, then to Port Magruta to the Steigleder Isles. Architecture is an eccentric mix of American, Australian, British, and a few Soviet Union-era structures. Another interesting thing to note, is that there are surviving examples of previously-believed to be scrapped locomotives running daily along the Butner Lines system. The railroad also is known for it's rather eccentric director, who spent absurd amounts of money building unnecessarily-huge stations along the railroad, due to his boastful nature.

34009E82FBD7683EA467F9CF3417839251D4BF5C

Okay, I've had a bit of time to flesh out a basic idea with a couple friends of mine that can help out with local history...

Prospectors at Manhattan, NV struck silver in the mining boom of 1867. Talk among locals almost immediately turned to the iron rails drilling high into Donner Pass to the far west, and by the completion of the Pacific railroad in 1869, talk was strong in the town about building north.

In 1879, narrow-gauge rails started south from Battle Mountain on the Pacific mainline. In turn, several Manhattan investors, backed by Boston financiers, founded the Washoe Valley Railway to link Manhattan and the mills springing up on Peavine Creek north to Austin. Construction began westward almost immediately, and by the end of 1879, the first ore cars trundled across the alluvial desert to the first mill in what is now a national monument at the fringe of Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest.

Nothing went to plan. Deliveries trickled south, and by 1881 there was still no progress northward. To make matters worse, the UP took over the NCRR and arranged aggressive negotiations with the millers at Peavine. Silver started piling up at Austin while the WVRR entered into the fray and further delayed construction.

By 1882 it became clear that no agreement could be reached, and the WVRR turned its sights away from Austin. Instead, they looked for an expanded market and direct link to the Central Pacific. They surveyed a route southwest around Mt. Ardivey towards the mining town of Berlin. By 1884 the road had pushed north into the town of Berlin and was shipping ore south to the mills, then returning the bullion back north and taking it by wagon to the CP main. A further extension the following year reached a mining complex in Shamrock Canyon.

The railroad slogged through the late 1880s up through Burnt Cabin Summit and the Broken Hills. 1891 saw the road's arrival at Middlegate, and the incorporation of Sand Mountain Quarry, Ltd., which promptly received a large spur. In the next four years, the line progressed through Salt Wells and reached the town of Fallon, and finally built a junction with the CP mainline(by then SP operated) in 1895. The SP had been planning to connect Fallon, and the huge quantities of money flowing into the WVRR for its excellent cutoff both disrupted planned service and annoyed the SP. They were particularly disagreeable in their interaction, and after an accident on the mainline, the WVRR nearly lost its connection to the main at Humboldt Slough.

The WVRR was determined that the Pacific mainline had reached the tipping point. No sooner did the Western Pacific publish its progress rapidly approaching Sulphur and Gerlach than the WVRR began racing north as well. By 1903, silver and grain flowed nearly eighty miles north from Fallon to the new Sulphur depot. Additionally, through trains linked both mainlines to the popular mining regions in the heart of the Silver State.

More was on the way. 1904 saw gold strikes at Bullfrog and Tonopah, and the WVRR had huge resources at its back. The line reached booming Tonopah in time for a dual celebration with the ingenious Tonopah Railroad, and thanks to an experienced chief engineer, the WVRR survived the flooding that crippled the TRR. Whatever the case, new gold was flowing north into the pockets of the two silver giants at Manhattan and Virginia City.

From 1904 to 1913, many new roads entered the southern scene - Senator Clark of SPLA&SL greatness founded the Las Vegas & Tonopah to form a southern bridge, a rich Borax miner formed the Tonopah & Tidewater from the ATSF mainline at Ludlow, the Bullfrog Goldfield spanned the heart of gold country from Rhyolite to Goldfield, and the TRR became the Tonopah & Goldfield. Few of these roads ever made money, and the successful T&T made most of its money from borax operations to the south.

Finally, in a 1913 struggle, the LV&T and BGRR combined their two mainlines to eliminate dual traffic in the north. The LV&T was stuck with an unprofitable mainline from Rhyolite to Vegas, while the BGRR finally turned a profit. The LV&T turned out the T&T from BGRR operations, but the WVRR also took an interest, and negotiated for trackage rights into Beatty.

The USRA was a catalyst of failure for the Tonopah region. the LV&T managed to get itself kicked out of the USRA, and all freight from LA routed instead over the T&T. To escape the foundering company, the tiny BGRR approached the WVRR. The larger road merged the BGRR and initiated a full service into Beatty, driving home the final blow for the stricken LV&T. At the end of 1918, the federal government spent a short time operating the LV&T, but inevitably the road went up for auction.
Many LV&T locomotives went to the Northwestern Pacific and the San Diego & Arizona, but the line and remaining stock all went to the WVRR, which knew an opportunity when it saw one. They established a fleet of McKeen gas-electric railcars south of Beatty, and ran the operation at a small loss through the 1920s and 1930s.

Finally, in the mid-late 1930s, business was looking up. A new fleet of 2-8-2s pictured above, plus a set of larger 4-8-0s built to the Harriman Common Standard, entered service up north with new steel-framed cars to replace the now-illegal freight stock. The Hoover Dam opened in the south, and an exploding Vegas suddenly merited through passenger and freight service from the north. Finally, the town of Gabbs sprung up around the new Basic Magnesium quarry opposite failing Berlin.

EMD's fantastic F-units started sweeping the nation in the 1940s, while the WVRR still used heavyweight stock behind their stoic high-drivered Mastodons. When the 1949 Nevada Thoroughbred finally introduced a streamlined diesel-hauled train, many company officials argued that it would never repay its cost, and they were more or less right. However, there was no old Western pride underneath. By the end of the decade, F7s and ALCo. RS1s were hauling new steel hoppers over the branch spurs to Gabbs, Sand Mountain Quarry and Round Mountain.

The Nevada Thoroughbred lasted until 1966, when finally an exasperated WVRR cut service down to a modest thrice-a-week service along the mainline. Gabbs lost passenger connection, and even the old mainline to Manhattan and Peavine had almost no passenger service with the through mainline. Towns like Rhyolite and Bullfrog were no more than crumbled remains through which the dusty diesel-electric trains passed, and even Beatty - still a living town - had almost zero rail activity.

Periodic mining operations near Gabbs, Round Mountain, Sand Mtn. Quarry and Manhattan spurred the railway into the late 20th century, until finally the network had to be pruned. The last mining left Gabbs in 1996, and so did the railway. Service stopped altogether in Manhattan for a short while, and Beatty never pulled its weight in traffic. With death imminent, the old line turned to a final vestige: tourism.

No. 16 Desatoya was never sold, and the WVRR restored it quickly with the aid of the Nevada State Railroad Museum. A new boiler arrived and passed inspection easily. An original oil headlight had to be replicated, and it was made with an unobtrusive incandescent bulb housed in the lamp glass. Finally, several heavyweight coaches, three sleepers and an original obs arrived on scene. Soon, antique ALCo centuries, road switchers and the flagship Desatoya took trains from Reno and Vegas back into Berlin-Icthyosaur State Park, historic Beatty and Manhattan, and the unique semi-modern townships of Tonopah and Goldfield. A new spur let the impromptu railcar Desert Forest access an advantageous view of the stunning Goldfield car forest, and the flagship Desatoya wears the nameplats of its brother Black Rock during Burningman.

But enough of that. Any of this may be subject to change, but the WVRR is pretty well-established for now.

State Express, rep. mark STEX, commuter rail company in the fictional State of Norwalk. System map is still in works. It was established in 1990 to replace CNW`s commuter services first in the state`s capital city of Norwalk and its suburbs, and then in all state. Current fleet consists of Horizon railcars bought from Amtrak in 1998 and GP40-2Ws, bought from CN at the same year. Currently i have repainted only Horizon railcars, GP40 is still in painting shed :hehe:

Here is a Horizon Coach, ADA-compatible.
ec3245c92d70f6c039c326b5d8455d1a.jpg

and here is Wi-Fi equipped Coach.
4d94589eb4851eb45d460cef3c0a4995.jpg

Typical commuter train consists of 3 coaches (wi-fi coach is in middle of the train) , and 2 locos at both ends. One of locos are in trailing mode with cold engine. I used Bentrain14`s Horizon repaints to make mines.

Thanks cascaderailroad, apreciate your comment :)

While GP40-2Ws was in process of delivery, STEX used power of GP38-2s to move their trains. Geeps was leased from rail service company located in Norwalk. They was used to pover track maintenace machines and when STEX got them they had HEP generators already installed. STEX just corrected their model designation to GP38-2HEP and added marker lights for commuter service. Here you can see GP38-2HEP at the tail of commuter train at Tampa road station, the end of Resident line

21fa8803e0d28231c380995cc21a7a28.jpg

Back