Make your Own Train Company

:pOh no. Better call the customer complaint hotline to report the website issue, or the customer complaint fax machine, I guess.

Unless you want a railroad that I'm planning to run Southern 1610 (Not asking for your reskin, I'll just make my own, for obvious reasons)

Unless you want a railroad that I'm planning to run Southern 1610 (Not asking for your reskin, I'll just make my own, for obvious reasons)
That’s not up to me, the local NRHS Chapter owns “Southern 1610”, they just Store it in Gurtantown metals and operate it over the trackage on specials. Their decision not the GTCRR Management’s. Maybe we can lease it to you like SARM is doing with their equipment on th old TE&G. It would need a hydro, and a general inspection. Oh, and I could send the textures to the reskin if you want, just not the entire asset. That is okay, I just can’t send the entire asset. It does not violate the agreement to share the .tgas to others with the Locomotive, you can clone it, then paste in .tgas. Loco needs the 1630 Pack, and the 1522 Pack tender.

Saturnrd

That’s not up to me, the local NRHS Chapter owns “Southern 1610”, they just Store it in Gurtantown metals and operate it over the trackage on specials. Their decision not the GTCRR Management’s. Maybe we can lease it to you like SARM is doing with their equipment on th old TE&G. It would need a hydro, and a general inspection. Oh, and I could send the textures to the reskin if you want, just not the entire asset. That is okay, I just can’t send the entire asset. It does not violate the agreement to share the .tgas to others with the Locomotive, you can clone it, then paste in .tgas. Loco needs the 1630 Pack, and the 1522 Pack tender.

Saturnrd

Kay then, I have both

Also, the real 794 is actually set to be restored to operation, but it only has 100 dollars on GoFundMe out of it's 75K dollar goal

My railroad is the River Forest and Southern (reporting marks RFS) the railroad would be formed in 1918 after the merger of several different railroads operating in and around the growing city of River Forest. Its territory would span from Chicago in the south to the upper peninsula of Michigan as well as parts of North Dakota, Minnesota and Canada. The railroad was well known for it luxurious passenger service, as well as its fast freight services. The RF&S would also be one of the last railroads in the country to retire steam locomotives, with mainline steam being retired in 1962 and the remaining switching and branch line duties ending the following year, The railroad would also roster some of the most powerful non articulated locomotives in the world with their last steam locomotive a 4-8-6 built by the Lima locomotive works in 1951. Some of the various named trains the 4 of which were the most well known were the Cannonball (chicago-twin cities), the blue diamond(Chicago-River Forest), The swan(River Forest-copper harbor) and the international limited (Chicago, Twin cities, River Forest-Toronto, vancouver) the railroad went through a series of different paint schemes starting with an off white/grey, Iron red, and gold paint scheme from 1918-1928, this was dropped as the corporate paint scheme as the RF&S ran coal fired locomotives and it was becoming costly to maintain this paint scheme but was slightly modified and retained on the swan cars. This was then changed in 1927-28 to the Blue, black and silver as it was easier to clean and keep and was kept until the 1970's, this was then slightly modified to a two tone blue paint scheme to fit in with the inauguration of the blue diamond service in 1937, these two paint schemes would be used for all passenger equipment, cars and locomotives. The RF&S was also known for its fast reliable freight service serving all parts of the great lakes region, as well as its vast coal and ore traffic to the north. More details to come.

Well, what is the list of Steam Engines Gurtantown has, i'm interested in the railroad
GTCRR Owns A few steam locos, but regularly runs diesels, and is mostly an all lightweight railroad focusing on trains, but using modern technology such as GP38s, HEP, and other modern inventions, but does operate ex-SP/SSW F units, but on some Saturdays runs steam, and in the summer season they run steam every day, generally with an SD45 tucked in behind it, and a few open window coaches in the consist (either RDG Commuter Cars or Lackawanna Boonton Coaches).

Reader 2-8-2 1702
Cotton Belt 4-8-4 819
T&P 4-6-0 316

CEO of Gurtantown Mr “Tong” Gurtan also personally owns a loco and his 3 private cars (L&N “Ohio River”, PRR Louis Sockalexis” and “Spirit of Tennessee”)
SLSF 4-8-2 1522

GTCRR often operates 316 on their summer “steam experience” which operates about 3 miles up to the picnic grove, passing through Tunnel No 1. Then 819 or 1522 often work the longer trips on Saturdays, with 1702 working the “regular” trip between Gurtantown and Banana Hill.

The local NRHS also owns SP MK-5 794 and SLSF Decapod “Southern 1610” which they keep at Banana Hill Jct on a long siding with their collection (SP 3190, 2 SP Business Cars, SP Stock Car, SP Refeers)

Saturnr

**EDIT** 1702 is a 2-8-0 not 2-8-2, I was typing too fast. ATSF had a 2-8-2 No 1702, but I am very aware that GSMR 1702 is a rebuilt S160. My apologies for any confusion.**

Last edited:
Um, Great Smoky Mountains Railroad (ex-Reader) 1702 is a 2-8-0, not a 2-8-2. I've ridden behind her back in the early 2000's and would like to go back and ride behind her again now that she's back up and running.

Well T&P 316 and Cotton Belt 819 are being restored to operation in real life

Um, Great Smoky Mountains Railroad (ex-Reader) 1702 is a 2-8-0, not a 2-8-2. I've ridden behind her back in the early 2000's and would like to go back and ride behind her again now that she's back up and running.
Oops. I meant 2-8-0. I am very familiar with her. She is the closest running steam loco to me. A Southernised S160 rebuilt with NdeM parts.

Saturnr

Oh not my model, that’s what the real 1702 is built from. I used a slightly kit bashed Ben Neal model in T:ANE.

Saturnr

Okay then... I asked because only one model I found of it was on Content Manager, but unfortunately it was made by gramma, whoever he/she/it was

Last edited:
Point Jeyes Union Station, with the former owner's private train (current owner is the daughter). Southern 2449 "Thomas Ruffin" & the "Robert E. Lee" comprise the 80 year old widow's personal train, behind either 722 or 750.
e2646aa3b29015161e7a46cd2c620188.png

Crossing the first high bridge
e3bbafc803f638cc51dbbe54f107fe3b.png

Saturnr

The private special leaves Barnum Hill headed for Lake Kee and the Gurtantown connection, here we see it crossing Barnum Trestle. Note the addition of the 97 (Clover Colony, PULL 8-5) and 98 (Eden Isle, PULL/B&O Office Car) on the rear, 2 cars very close to my heart.
31bdb15c511fd36b2deb4aea8fbb11ac.png

a43fd2b5a27d9e1c27017afd5ac67f4b.png

Barnum Standpipe, filling up the 722, thankfully on this cold snowy day the underground standpipe isn't frozen, unlike Barnum tank.
abc83e3e28bc19243f8c3b17824b66ef.png

And one of the main attractions of the trip: crossing the High Bridge, or Greenfield Viaduct sometimes called "Savannah Viaduct", as S&A 750 suffered a minor derailment on the bridge on a Gurtantown Resort train back in the 1990s.
858f16884d5e6a8bb95312b32230afbc.png

Saturnr

Last edited:
Wouldnt it be more productive if you started a thread for your own railroad since you have astablished its existence here? Just wondering.

Wouldnt it be more productive if you started a thread for your own railroad since you have astablished its existence here? Just wondering.
I suppose I could. I never really thought to since this thread was for fictional lines, but as you see it is for making it, which I have done, so maybe I should start a thread for the GTCRR and PJRy.

Back