Death by .zip

WileeCoyote

Eatibus Almost Anythingus
Hello all

As the title so implies I am having some trouble with a .zip file for Trainz.
A friend of mine sent me a beta for a route he is making and he sent it as a .zip. My flavor of Trainz is 2006 with SP1 and his 2004 with SP4. The files were: config.txt, X.bmk, X.Obs, X.Gnd, and X.Trk. I cannot figure out for the life of me just where to put these files in my Trainz folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WileeCoyote

I did that started Trainz and... it was not there, did I somehow do something wrong or do I need to download the kuid's in the config.txt?

WileeCoyote

You will need the dependencies but have you committed the file once you imported it?

To do so go to the 'Open for Edit' tab in CMP and select it and press 'Ctrl-M' to commit it. You can see if dependencies are missing becaue an icon is shown next to the file when they are. The Help Files/User Manual do explain this so maybe try reading them...

Andy

Okay I'll do commiting (duh) but at over 600 dependencies I think I may ask him to send the whole thing as an archive file.

WileeCoyote

Well unless he sends it as a CD or similar then it'll probably take as long to download the archive as the files individually. Also remember that redistributing other people's content is probably not allowed by creators' licenses.

Andy

What GE said, plus you still have to commit the items. 600 won't take that long (about five minutes tops).

Back