Can anyone reccomend a good yard guide or Tutorial?

Can anyone reccomend a good yard guide or Tutorial?

I couldn't without more information. Are you looking to model them, or want to know how they work, and in the latter in TRZ, or in the real world, and if in the real world, where? And how big? a small industry yard in a rural area, or a large classification yard?

ns

I am looking to put them into my TRS2006 routes..... I know how they work. I just can't get mine to look good. I want to make small to mid sized yards.

I had to stop watching it because it took an eternity to download the first quarter. Sadly, 007007 like many others before him, has fallen victim to trying to shove his taste in music down our throats. Sure I could turn the sound down, but that doesn't reduce the size of the video one little bit. Remove the sound and you've probably got very good and helpful low bandwidth video that the bulk of us could easily watch.

My son lays out the yard throat/ladder using the fixed track junctions (which are really objects), then connects the junctions with track until he gets it all how he wants it, now he deletes the fixed track junctions, one at a time, and connects the track that is left, forming usable and neat ladders/throats.

Me, I just do it by eye :)

Cheers David

I copy them streight from google earth. Just flick between trainz and google earth, mesure distance using the ruler in google earth then use the trainz ruler to work the same distances out. I would have never attempted this without google earth

ShoeburynessC2Cdepot.jpg

I know this aint a screenie thread but it best explains what I mean.

:)

Andy

First, Thanks for the replies!

So, I downloaded the following two yard guides off of the DLS:

KUID: 141417:60079
KUID: 70337:23024

How do you use them? I set them on my route, but without instructions they seem more confusing than just trying to do it by sight.

The Yard Guide I use is kuid 37522:9972. On this one you will see little "breaks" in the guide, at these points place a Spline Point. You should find it quite easy to use, just remember to hold down the "shift" key when placing tracks so that they do not join up to each other while they are so close.

Craig
:):):)

The Yard Guide I use is kuid 37522:9972. On this one you will see little "breaks" in the guide, at these points place a Spline Point. You should find it quite easy to use, just remember to hold down the "shift" key when placing tracks so that they do not join up to each other while they are so close.

Craig

Yes, both this one and mr.den's templates are quite good. On the CS_Yard Template_1 us you also use the track straighten tool on the track over the yellow segments and don't use it on the red segments.

William

I have the PDF file, PM/email me with an address and I will forward it on. It's just over 3MB in size.

Craig

Craig,

The link referred to by weber95 and jhino longer exists. I would greatly appreciate your forwarding me the .pdf file.

Thanks

Last edited:
Use the FFR animated turnouts by Gawpo50 ...

Or use them as a guide ... lay single track and slide "Match" the single track spline points right overtop the FFR spline points, or connect track right to the FFR 3 switch leads.

Back