Union Pacific Screenshots Thread

ATT. UP FANS...

RRMods has just come out with NEW UP engines to add to our UP roster:D , thats right folks Joe has now brought us TWO NEW UP SD40T-2 "standard nose" engines:udrool: (Extra weathered, just how I like 'em) . These engines will make an Excellent addition to the SD40T-2 "snoot nose" engines that came out not so long ago, or heck, these NEW engines will go right along with ANY UP engines you have;) (or if your like me, and your UP route is based on the time frame right after the mergers-today, SP, Rio Grande, CNW & MP engines will ALSO fit right in with these;) ) .

Shots of the NEW engines below...

- Deano :wave:

lginc_20100107_0000.jpg

lginc_20100107_0002.jpg

lginc_20100107_0004.jpg

Those shots are great Ignic! I needed some inspiration to do a UP route to use modern day units, and I think i've found it... :wave:

Heres a new route of mine:
4261978902_74a783ceb0_o.jpg

^ A UP GP9 pulling boxcars.
4261979098_00e22c6184_o.jpg

^ A UP C44 pulling empty LNG tankers.
4261225161_734930aa85_o.jpg

^ Two UP GP15's and two GP35's pulling some boxcars.

I'll probably lose motivation to work on this route soon... :wave:

maartentje, Awesome shots! :D Thanks for posting them:) .

Chris, Winter routes seem much harder then any other season to do, takes alot to get them to look decent, your doing a good job so far:D .

lginc_20100109_0011.jpg

@ Deano, thnk you, but unfortunately i've lost all motivation (typical of me :eek: ) to work on that route, so back to an oldie, heres some on my old UP & NS (Union Pacific and Norfolk Southern) route. :wave:

4265457907_83d0892ce5_o.jpg

4265457713_0fd422fb6b_o.jpg

I'm debating wheather to use this OHN track (from Ocemy's website) or MP Track or US Track (names of track). This track is making my PC run slowly, so any advice? I'll think about it tonight. :sleep:

P.S, what do you use to get those big screenshots?

Thank you,
Chris :wave:

Last edited:
I can't hope to compete with half the shots in this thread, but a UP coal drag is cresting Kirkwood Hill at Kirkwood Station.

Screen_004-1.jpg

I live close to the UP Roseville Yard here in California and its cool to see all the UP locos, That's why its one of my favorite RR's.
hert201001110003.jpg

hert201001110001.jpg

hert:wave:

Chris, Nice shots!:D
I too used track with to high a poly count, sure it looked Great, but i wasnt willing to keep great looking track in exchange for slowing the game down, I opted for a "lesser" track, glad I did too.

As for your other question, for screenshots I use Photobucket. ;)

I can't hope to compete with half the shots in this thread, but a UP coal drag is cresting Kirkwood Hill at Kirkwood Station.
Eboy87, There IS NO screen shot competition in this thread, its for fellow UP fans to post their UP shots;) . It doesnt matter if your building your own route, or your running on a freeware or payware route, it doesnt matter what version of Trainz your using either, as long the shots are about the Union Pacific, ITS ALL GOOD!:D
(BTW, Nice shot! )

hert, Great Shots!:D
I really like the scene in your second pic, the road and bridge are Awesome!:udrool:

**Thanks for posting folks!

Robby :wave: , WOW, NICE SHOT!:D

On my side of the tracks...

Well, i finally done it, I became a Platinum member over at TrainZItalia:D .
Seeing screen shots some of you have posted on here really made me want to get the ShermanHill & West from Denver routes, along with the UP steam they have there.

While I couldnt be happier with my own modern day Midwestern UP route, I think it would be so much more fitting to run the older stuff(and newer stuff) on the Sherman Hill & West from Denver routes, I am really looking forward to getting these:D .

Tonight I downloaded their UP steamers, tomorrow night i'll get the routes.

Their steamers are very good quality, great additions to anyones UP steam fleet, though since I have TS2009 i have the usual steam problems with them, I'll worry about fixing them(as per Phils instructions, THANKS Phil! ) later. (Still though, Cowboys 9000 series UP steamers are personally my all time steamer favorites;) )

Bottom line, now I wont be boring you folks with just posting pics from my own route:eek: , a little variety will be there:) .

Below is two of four of the steamers i got tonight...

Till next time...Stay ON TRACK!

lginc_20100112_0010.jpg

lginc_20100112_0015.jpg

Hey, your shots from your route look good. Sherman Hill is great. You may find a few little bugs, depending on how nit-picky your are, but it's nice. And long as hell. Rollins Pass is nice too. I didn't like the bridges, but I converted the whole thing to 3ft to run Prowlers stuff on, so they got changed anyway. And with it being in Colorado still, it's a beautiful route for his rolling stock. Either way, hope you like it.

ACE Commuter train in push mode racing by a UP freight idling on the UP tracks east of Niles Canyon, California. The 680 Freeway can be seen above on the left.

Hey, your shots from your route look good. Sherman Hill is great. You may find a few little bugs, depending on how nit-picky your are, but it's nice. And long as hell. Rollins Pass is nice too. I didn't like the bridges, but I converted the whole thing to 3ft to run Prowlers stuff on, so they got changed anyway. And with it being in Colorado still, it's a beautiful route for his rolling stock. Either way, hope you like it.
First, Thank you motorbreath! , you have always been very kind to me, Thanks! :)

I wasnt going to say anything right off the bat, but since you brought up changing the route a bit to suit your needs, I'll mention MY plans;) , looking at the scenes from the route you folks have posted of it, it looks like a great route, thats why i wanted them, but having TS2009 I have full intentions of bringing the routes up to TS2009's standards:D .

Not sure exactly what all i'll end up changing untill i give them a run, but I am guessing at the very least I'll change the ground textures with more current realistic ones, and I'm sure I'll be adding much of Jan's newer vegetation to it;) . NOT KNOCKING ANY of the origanal work done on the routes, they look Fantastic, but I think adding TS2009's very realistic content & current Awesome items being created by so many, would really bring new life to the routes:D .

We'll see what happens...

AJ :wave: , sorry for not mentioning your GREAT SHOT!:D , you ended up posting it while I was writing my last post:hehe: .

Thanks for adding it! :D

- Deano

Yeah, I use 06, and that route is as real as it gets for me. I think it's beautiful. I cloned it and for the most part I have been back dating it with Dinorius' and Kree8tivit's vehicles, since it is full of modern carz... and roundhouses. But, I'm picky about steamers and modern carz being on my screen at the same time. Just don't dig it. I'm thinking of creating a list of the included vehicles and just changing the kuids to similar ones of an earlier vintage, but I just haven't gotten around to that yet. It will probably be better than doing them all individually.

I use TRS2006 and prefer it to TC and TRS2009 WBE (got TRS2010 but haven't tried it yet). Great shots all! :wave:

Heres some UP power on my UP&NS route.
4269116746_b70180004b_o.jpg

^ UP F7A and F7B pulling a passenger train.
4268372671_25229f63eb_o.jpg

^ UP PA1 and PB1 pulling boxcars.
4268422145_c19d2658e4_o.jpg

^UP U50C
4268421789_f4ee5d682d_o.jpg

^UP Centennial unit
4268421671_512791b0be_o.jpg

^ UP Alco RS3 and GP9
4269165454_2c58a44dca_o.jpg

^UP Gas Turbine no. 18.

Chris, :wave:

Last edited: