Union Pacific Screenshots Thread

lginc

Hi Folks:wave: , I'm a big UP fan, the route i am working on is based on UP's line that runs from Proviso Yard in Chicago to UP's North Chicago service center in Janesville WI(formerly CNW's "Harvard yard" ) . The route is not going to be 100% prototypical, but it doesnt matter much since i am only doing it for my own enjoyment;) .

Anyways, i'll be posting shots of it here, and since i'm i big UP fan, i would love to see your UP shots posted here too!:D Feel free to post shots of your UP engines(Diesel or Steam) , freight, or shots showcasing YOUR route(s) , just be sure to keep it all in the UP theme.

Constructive comments ARE welcome, Thank you for your participation! :wave:

lginc_20090917_0005.jpg

lginc_20090920_0027.jpg

lginc_20090920_0002.jpg

lginc_20090907_0062.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shots there my friend!
Rusty!!!:D :wave:

Thanks! , you know i'm fairly new to this, so i have a lot to learn and do, but i think i'm starting to get the hang of this;) .

I know your a fellow UP fan, Please feel free to post some of YOUR UP shots.
(Thanks again Rusty! )

Fred :wave: , THANK YOU!:)

applegathc, Thanks! , for posting all those Great UP shots!:D
BTW, could you Plese tell me if that ES is out yet? , i would totally love to get it!:D

Sweet shots there lginc....I will have to get some of my UP shots up when I gets home tonight..... :wave:

up es44ac

hello what happen to the up es44ac in the photo was this thing going to be released to the public thanks.

Being somewhat of an oasis in the middle of no where, the old service station and cafe was the only place around to get fuel, a bite to eat, and a cold beer. Not a bad spot to watch UP's double-headed Challengers fight the Hill either.

Scene from Sherman Hill, tweaked for my own amusement.

trainz2009-09-2014-19-12-23.jpg

trainz2009-09-2014-23-19-14.jpg

trainz2009-09-2014-33-12-62.jpg

WCL, Thanks!:) I cant wait to see your UP pics.

Sampug394, AWESOME night shot!:D

NorfolkSouthern9708, I really liked that shot:D , i commented on it in another thread, just how UP SHOULD be, on the point.

motorbreath, WOW! , those are some Fantastic shots!:D , I'm a nostalgic guy, i really like steam, and UP had some of the biggest steam out there.

Well, i spent all morning working on my route, most of the line is nothing but farmland, not real exciting to do but thats the way it really is up here. I decided to do the area between Sharon & Clinton WI this morning, its pretty much wooded through there and i was getting tired of doing farmland, unfortunately i was only able to complete just over a two mile stretch:eek: , i guess i'm not to fast at route building.

Anyways, i ran a couple trains through it, heres some shots of what i finished.

lginc_20090920_0040.jpg

lginc_20090920_0083.jpg

lginc_20090920_0050.jpg

lginc_20090920_0063.jpg

lginc_20090920_0068.jpg

WCL, Thanks!:) I cant wait to see your UP pics.

Just got home now...Time to post some on here....These are old but I'll throw them on here anyways and I'll get some newer ones next time

These were all shot at Junction City

Well, i spent all morning working on my route, most of the line is nothing but farmland, not real exciting to do but thats the way it really is up here. I decided to do the area between Sharon & Clinton WI this morning, its pretty much wooded through there and i was getting tired of doing farmland, unfortunately i was only able to complete just over a two mile stretch:eek: , i guess i'm not to fast at route building.

Anyways, i ran a couple trains through it, heres some shots of what i finished.

WOW....That is looking really really nice....Can't wait to see more....From where to where are you doing again??? :wave:

Last edited:
motorbreath, Thank you!:) , for the very kind words.

WCL, NICE screen shots!:D . To answer your question, my route runs from Proviso yard to the North Chicago service center, i hope to run past Janesville eventually, but it will take some time to complete what i have started already, track work was pretty fast but scenery is slow going:eek: .

Thanks!

007007, AWESOME SHOT!:D , I just love the CNW heritage unit!:D

I have MANY shots of that engine, its been at the IRM for diesel days the last two years in a row.

Back