Nottinghamshire UK

Hey Escafeld you must have been gutted at losing your sim of the Peak line.I"ve always thought that it would make an ideal route with its stiff gradients viaducts and tunnels - I used to volunteer at Peak Rail in the early days and I"ve walked the whole line twice, and even driven through the tunnels in a Landrover at midnight! The only problem is the variety of the station architecture so you"d need one "Bakewell" type station,one "Great Longstone" station and one "Darley Dale".The viaducts would probably be OK with those used on the Hawes Junction route. Keep up the good work..:)

Any plans on extending the route to Leicester Station Via Loughborough? Its only about 20 miles :p I have been looking for a route which incorperates Modern Leicester in high detail for a while but no luck :( But anyway, great route!

Hi Lewisner

I walked the Monsaldale tunnel and was horrified to find a deep shaft part way through and I could easily have fallen down it. It may have been blocked up now, it was years and years ago. I trod the way very carefully after that. :D

Any plans on extending the route to Leicester Station Via Loughborough? Its only about 20 miles :p I have been looking for a route which incorperates Modern Leicester in high detail for a while but no luck :( But anyway, great route!

If you mean 'me', well I don't know if I have enough years left LOL. I've just got to Derby (for friend Steviez) in the west and intend to get to Skegness in the east eventually. I have connections with Sheffield (home town and have linked with Captain Scarlets layout), Nottingham (relatives) and I live near Skegness.

Dave

...I have been looking for a route which incorporates Modern Leicester in high detail for a while but no luck.

Hi again. Why not start a thread and see if anyone is working on it: - (Anyone working on a Leicester layout?)

Dave

Last edited:
Escafeld , I also had a narrow escape when I walked the old line from Bottesford to Melton Mowbray in 1982.It included the 1/2 mile long Hose tunnel and I had no torch.There was a drainage manhole halfway through and I just managed to stop myself as I went over the edge-otherwise I guess my skeleton would still be there!:eek:

Any plans on extending the route to Leicester Station Via Loughborough? Its only about 20 miles :p
If you mean 'me', then I don't either!:D I'm only covering the area I remember from childhood - essentially this covers the area from Ratcliffe PS northwards as far as Eastwood/Langley Mill, eastwards to include Nottingham City, south from there to Ruddington(GC) and north to Hucknall(GC.GN & MR lines). I see you've spotted the GC thread over on the UK forum, but then thats not really modern Leicester is it?
Why not try building your own? If you use MapMaker or another of the DEM programs, then it will match up with Ratcliffe on my layout.

That is some layout Dave, great work. :) Mine, if I ever get anywhere near completing it, will be about half the size...

Last edited:
Hi David
Originally Posted by davidbird
As always Dave, Monsaldale is instantly recognisable!

This thread may be worth watching as well
http://forum.uktrainz.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=73320#73320
I can't open that thread. I've tried to join uktrainz on three occasions and had no success.

Dave

Hi Dave. If I remember correctly, joining uktrainz was simply a matter of registering, then waiting for someone to confirm the registration. If that doesn't let you in, then there must be a reason. Contact them and find out why. Let me know if you're still having problems...
BTW, if you're not registered you should still be able to view the thread, just not post a reply:confused:
If you still can't get at it, the thread is about
Post subject: Great Central Railway (1950's and 2007) HELP I plan to do a stretch of the GCR through Lecester based in the 1950 and a semi fictional moden version of the route in ''what if it was still running'' guise, form Rugby to Annesley.
Andrew Geezah or Gee
So definately counts as "Nottingham"
David

Last edited:
Back