Nottinghamshire UK

Thanks for that Dave, so I must be doing something right then!
Image 260 – Beeston Station looking north. Are those silos gone now, or are they in the wrong place and should be south of the station? Or again, where there silos both ends?
These silos at the NE end of Beeston Station are intended to be the Blue Circle cement terminal, now demolished and used for housing. (But its still shown on PlanningPortal/NOMAD maps) I can't remember if there were actually large silos like these there, but I'll eventually get round to cloning these to have a Blue Circle logo on them.

Image 263 – Looking towards the extraction plant (if this is what it is called) at Attenborough pit. BTW, was this around in the 60s?
RMC Plant (Ready Mixed Concrete) would have been there in the 60s, though I'm (just) too young to remember them! If you check out the NOMAD maps, there is a kink in the railway boundary fence that is exactly the right place for a private siding, so I've included an isolated piece of track in my layout. I think the dark feature in the shadow of the tall tree may even be a gatepost for the siding gate
184rz.jpg

196yr.jpg

Image 257 – Pass. You’ll have to enlighten me on this.
Does this help?
165pj.jpg

Is this the bridge at Fields farm road just east of Long Eaton station?
Its not, my fault for not having a very good viewing angle. This is better
170hk.jpg

Looking south to the tunnels at Ratcliffe on Soar. I like those tunnels, which ones did you use please?
They are from andi06's Tunnel Kit, portal type M, I think. Not as elaborate as the real ones, may use a few bits from his Station Kit to improve them.

Thats all for now, cdp is available for anyone who wants it - and is willing to give feedback!

Thanks
David

last but one pic fooling Dave is Long Eaton town crossing (minus the box)
all the others look ok but that crossing at Trent requires some fencing (in a few more pic2)
and the last pic of that set of the "new" Long Eaton station the station booking office is much nearer the road and is the embankment side of the down ramp if i am being picky and believe me i know the area very well.
since i grew up within spitting distance of Sawley Junction as was

Steviez

I'm just glad you mentioned it Steviez, it's a perfect way to get back to Notts and on to Lincolnshire. Did they run specials from Derby to Skeggie?

Oops, I've just remembered that Long Eaton isn't in Nottinghamshire either! Neither is Ilkeston and Stanton Ironworks, when I get round to doing them!
Thanks Steviez, how's this for Long Eaton Station? Strange how memory plays tricks after 20 years!!! :confused:

lestn2re0.jpg

Also it now has the small (original road?) bridge to the left of the lorry-scraped main bridge. Anybody know of a modern Low Bridge roadsign that I can place actually on the bridge?
I've also added boards for Ratcliffe Power Station, working on adding buildings just now.
Jolly Fisherman specials to Skeggy were 20-hauled weren't they?

David (Bird)
that looks much better now although the island is really only tiny.

Just out of interest the bridge height is 11ft 6 (or was before the roadway was flattened)
i know this because Barton transport had 1 double decker bus (861) which was 10ft 6 high
now aint i sad and the bus is now at Ruddington transport museum

Hi David, Steviez

20s to Skeggie, that's true. They originated at Leicester and ran via Sheffield, I remember it well. Don't know if that took them through Derby though.

Haven't got very far today, just mucking about with this GPO building. It might have been faster to learn Gmax and build it in there. LOL It's composed of Russian flats and maybe they'll make a better job of it :D

Just got the guide thanks David

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/escafeld01/09-Feb-2007-01.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/escafeld01/09-Feb-2007-02.jpg

Cheers, Dave

Last edited:
Screenshots

Wonderful shots of Long Eaton, you won't believe me but I was there last night having a pint !!! It was dark so I cannot confirm your question about the size of the road bridge alas..

Great work guys keep it up...

Cheers.. ex-railwayman.

Hi David, Steviez

20s to Skeggie, that's true. They originated at Leicester and ran via Sheffield, I remember it well. Don't know if that took them through Derby though

Cheers, Dave

Don`t know about the Sheffield route, but they did run from Nottingham to Skeggy via Radcliffe - Allington Junc. - Sleaford & Boston.

Back