Nottinghamshire UK

Nottingham updates

North Erewash is the first box from Trent heading towards Toton then Long Eaton town crossing

Good job your not re-doing Trent area as the whole lot is being re-signalled all footbridges rebuilt with steel monstrosities and all signal gantry now enclosed in wire cages
Toton sidings itself has been resignalled and Sandiacre box abolished although still standing at this time the old no2 down goods at the back of the old Stapleford and Sandiacre station is now bi-directional and numerous layout changes
I also understand that Trent psb is not long on this earth?

Steviez

Welcome back Stevie.

I've just discovered SimSig, and their simulation of Trent. Playing this has been frustrating, to say the least, and revealing too. But the layout diagrams for the whole of the Trent PSB area has shown that, as I suspected, I've got too many signals! I need to re-do my signals, but now I can give them their real numbers too!

In the latest Rail magazine was a report that the initial testing of the new EM Control Centre at Derby was sucessful, back-up generators working properly in a simulated power cut. So the end of Trent PSB is one stage nearer...

Last edited:
I have a CDP of the Trent area if anybody wants a copy. It is purely "as is". Due to various issues i have not been able to "finish" it and have not touched it for a year or two but i am more than happy to release it for you to play with it. Just a mention as the originator would be OK.

I will keep an eye on my messages.I think this is how you do it. Dont usually play on forums and if i have a look at any (mostly computing ) Then i apply the "don't read after the 6th entry" rule.

Thats when the "Have you done a virus upgrade/Buy an Apple Mac/insults" start :)

Geoff

Hi Geoff

I'd be interested in the cdp of your layout, have PM'd with my email.

Not looked at this forum for literally months, then came today to get the address of this page for another forum. Found a new post! Thanks for looking beyond the 6th entry!

David

I will keep an eye on my messages.I think this is how you do it. Dont usually play on forums and if i have a look at any (mostly computing ) Then i apply the "don't read after the 6th entry" rule.

Geoff

But, this has been one of the best threads on this forum, now over 200 posts in the last few years, it's worth reading every page, especially, if you come from the area, as a few of us do.......:p

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

I should have been a bit more explicite :hehe: Its normally the computing forums and Youtube comments i have the problems with:)

And yes, i have been through this thread as i was born and still live in Nottm/Notts

Cheers, Geoff

Here's my intended area by parts, I've been thinking about how to break it down and what order to do them in and this is the result.
Part 1 SouthWest......Ratcliffe-on-Soar Power Station/Lockington/Sawley/Long Eaton Town/Attenborough&Beeston Completed
Part 2 Central...........Lenton Sth Jct/Radford/Nottingham Midland Stn/Sneinton Under Construction
Part 3 West.............Toton Yards/Stanton Gate/Trowell Under Construction
Part 4 West Central...Radford Jct/Trowell
Part 5 North West.....Trowell/Ilkeston/Langley Mill/Codnor Park/Moorgreen Colliery
Part 6 North.............Radford Jct/Basford/Hucknall
Part 7 East..............Sneinton/Gedling Colliery/Burton Joyce/Cotgrave Colliery/Radcliffe
Part 8 South........... Meadows/Ruddington GC
Part 9 SouthEast......Edwalton
Part 10 Far West......Stanton Iron Works
Now I'm back and working on this project again. A new computer, and the decision of Auran/N3R to stop supporting TRS06 and not accepting any more uploads to the DLS for '06, has led to me upgrading to TS10.
As my new computer will cope with it I've decided to combine Parts 1 & 2 for the next release, whenever that will be :)

Revised list is
Part 1 Central & SouthWest......Ratcliffe-on-Soar Power Station/Lockington/Sawley/Long Eaton Town/Attenborough&Beeston/Radford/Nottingham Midland Stn/Sneinton Under Construction
Part 3 West.............Toton Yards/Stanton Gate/Trowell
Part 4 West Central...Radford Jct/Trowell Under Construction
Part 5 North West.....Trowell/Ilkeston/Langley Mill/Codnor Park/Moorgreen Colliery
Part 6 North.............Radford Jct/Basford/Hucknall Under Construction
Part 7 East..............Sneinton/Gedling Colliery/Burton Joyce/Rectory Jn/Cotgrave Colliery/Radcliffe
Part 8 South........... Meadows/Ruddington GC
Part 9 SouthEast......Edwalton
Part 10 Far West......Stanton Iron Works

Last edited:
Hi Stevie

Yes still working on it, although a bit sporadic just now. I've hit a snag with using TS10, that is when placing a signal (or other trackside object) it doesn't show. It's there, just not showing. See http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?92468-Trackside-objects-not-showing-when-placed-on-route-Why&p=1076056#post1076056.
I've adjusted the positions of the objects in the route, so it will match up with further parts made in Tranzdem, but this means I have to replace all signals, speedboards, etc, but the not-appearing bug has rather sapped my enthusiasm. I'll slowly press on with the combined Part 1 & 2 and see what happens.
David

Last edited:
I just found out indirectly that Escafeld (Dave Hitchborne) sadly passed away 18th December 2018 RIP my friend.

Last edited:
So, if there's still anybody following this, I've been busy recently...

Toton-Sidings.jpg

As they say, "Compare and contrast"

an-aerial-view-of-the-railway-sidings-at-toton-near-nottingham-1951-picture-id143473018

Toton-Sidings.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya David, Well you are going to be busy. Remember I used to work that Toton yard so shout up if you need any help. BUT it was nearly 45 years ago!

Last edited:
Back