Request for Screenshot Help

maxwerks

Hello-

I'm wondering why, when I look at the screenshots I've taken, these strange zig-zags appear (see image for example). When in Driver or Surveyor mode, the terrain looks fine.

Does anyone know what's causing this and/or how I can fix it? I'd like to show off my Austin Western RR route, but these zig-zags ruin the screeenshots I take.

I'm running TRS 2006 and viewing the screenshots in Ifranview.

Thanks very much in advance,

Max

ScreenshotWithZigZags.jpg

Its something to do with some kind of alpha crap that I don't understand. Download Fraps for free and use it instead. You just set up a folder in your documents to send the pics to. You can even make 30 second videos, and it shows what kind of frame rates you are getting..

Strange looking...Last time I saw that was when I previewed an unconverted straight TGA screenshot...it must be converted to a jpg in TRS2006.

Thanks, all, for the suggestions.

Matching TRS' screen resolution to that of my monitor didn't take of the problem, although I believe it did make things look even better when I'm driving and surveying. I couldn't find an anti-aliasing feature in any of the graphics programs I have available to me, nor could I figure out how to convert a screenshot to JPG format in TRS.

However, what seemed to do the trick was to press Alt+Print Screen and then paste the image into Paint.net and save it as a JPG. Initial results have been satisfactory. The zig-zags don't seem to show up when I do it that way. It's a bit cumbersome since I can only take one screenshot at a time, but it looks like it'll work.

I'll keep fiddling with it and see if I can come up with a more convenient way to get around this problem. I'll post it here if I do, in case others are also dealing with it.

Thanks again and happy trainzing,

Max

Last edited:
Back