Standard Gauge Shay

I followed the link from post #47, and now I have a working shay. Some little quirks were that after installing the loco a lot of built-in items which are faulty for some reason didn't work any more, so I temporarily lost almost all of my rolling stock. Rebuilding the database helped in this case. Then the loco was gone once more, and when I viewed the errors and warnings two items (one of them built-in) were open for edit. I reverted the built-in items and submitted the other one, and now everything is ok.
My only problem now is with the sounds. A shay has a lot of different sounds: the chug-chug of the steam engine, the clatter-clatter of the gears ... which I should be able to hear simultaneously. They are not played concurrently, as they should be, but one after the other, and with short breaks in between. Could be a problem with the sound chip in the MacMini, however.

Dralex

same COC shay i got but no tender missing kuid:63971:50120>
not bothering to look on dls becauseauran doesnt support 2006 anymore

and what gives you the right to host the COC Shay at that location? It was uploaded to the DLS did the author give you permission to make those files available at your storage site?

I dont think I did, as I have not received any communication from you and I want you to take down that link immediately and remove the content from there. It is to be hosted at the DLS not at your storage site

Pete

same COC shay i got but no tender missing kuid:63971:50120>
not bothering to look on dls becauseauran doesnt support 2006 anymore

Totaly wrong statement = yes there is no help desk support - but have you ever noticed the 2006 area of these forums - and you can even still down load content

Last edited:
but when i download it says FIRST CLASS TICKET REQUIRED OR REGISTER YOUR TRAINZ PRODUCT which i did register but it still doesnt work

but when i download it says FIRST CLASS TICKET REQUIRED OR REGISTER YOUR TRAINZ PRODUCT which i did register but it still doesnt work
TRS2006 is no longer supportedby N3V Games/Auran, and you need a First Class Ticket or a supported version of Trainz to use the DLS.

With regards to me fixing it, I'm having trouble with the texture error on the tender bogey. If anyone has this fixed, send it to me please, as I have the rest of the loco fixed.

Please read post #62- However, there is a Shy for TS2009 on the DLS now. Should work on a Mac as well.

Dralex

I had this loco a VERY long time ago. The link is long gone. Could you please send me the loco? I'm jakekreutzer23(AT)gmail(DOT)com. I miss this loco soooooo much! :'(

Hi Jake,

I notice you have TS2010. I, on the other side, have TrainzMac. Just looked into the DLS, searching for Shay, and got 15 hits. The best thing to do is download all of them. Should work on TS2010. Definitely works on TrainzMac (I just tried). Watch out for Commonwealth Oil Company Shay Loco no. 2 and for the tender that goes with it. This loco is standard gauge, but so is the Cass Scenic Railroad, which makes heavy use of these locos.

Dralex

I realize now that it makes little difference since someone has taken the Cass #5 model and, to my knowledge, will make it available as a working piece of content with my permission, BUT, I specifically stated in my license file that this shouldn't be reuploaded without my permission! It's not a huge issue, and those involved are forgiven, but just a fair warning not to do this if it's explicitly stated where it should be stated and checked, regardless of whether your really want it or not.

It just gives me this really itchy, sort of deep uneasy feeling that something of mine is floating around in mediafire ;).

Cheers,
John

I realize now that it makes little difference since someone has taken the Cass #5 model and, to my knowledge, will make it available as a working piece of content with my permission, BUT, I specifically stated in my license file that this shouldn't be reuploaded without my permission! It's not a huge issue, and those involved are forgiven, but just a fair warning not to do this if it's explicitly stated where it should be stated and checked, regardless of whether your really want it or not.

It just gives me this really itchy, sort of deep uneasy feeling that something of mine is floating around in mediafire ;).

Cheers,
John

Barry from many Moons ago.

Hello John I gave up on Trainz years ago but are you still working with Blender etc.
I changed to making 12 mile maritime routes in the Blender Game Engine.

Just curious.

Thanks

Barry

Something New

What's this?
trainboi1_20130625_0000_by_trainboi-d6anra6.jpg

It's not exactly a Shay...
one_little_wrinkle_by_trainboi-d6at0ph.jpg

...East Side Logging Co. #107 is on its way. I figure a Willie's close enough to fit on this thread, right?
I've just uploaded this; it should become available on the DLS in a couple of days.

Last edited:
Back