Standard Gauge Shay

tomurban

I have been searching for a standard gauge shay type locomotive without success. Only narrow gauge versions show up. Does anyone know if a standard gauge version is available for Trainz and if so, where it can be found. A standard gauge climax would be great also. Thank you for your assistance and replies.

Regards to all tomurban

Last edited:
Try these I think on the DLS

Cass Railroad Shay Tender #5 GC&E,<kuid:191774:5010>
Cass Railroad Shay #5,<kuid:191774:500>
user Name is ZapperJet
Hope it will help
John

Right and I already had problems with the locomotive including the texture fading and I won't be taking any chances in 2009 like what happened in 2006 again! so be very careful when making a layout with a night sky or you could wind up with a problem! and that locomotive is a beta and still needs to be worked on before the official release.:cool:

Thank you all. The Climax is complete with no errors and shows up in rail yard. The heisler has some dependency errors and is missing pistons for TRAINZ 06 but it does show up in rail yard. A working Shay will turn up one of these days.

Try these I think on the DLS

Cass Railroad Shay Tender #5 GC&E,<kuid:191774:5010>
Cass Railroad Shay #5,<kuid:191774:500>
user Name is ZapperJet
Hope it will help
John

That shay was never released outside of public beta.

It is not on the DLS.

Right and I already had problems with the locomotive including the texture fading and I won't be taking any chances in 2009 like what happened in 2006 again! so be very careful when making a layout with a night sky or you could wind up with a problem! and that locomotive is a beta and still needs to be worked on before the official release.:cool:

I'm not working on Trainz projects anymore because I don't really have the time or interest. I'm afraid permanent beta is permanent beta.

Various meshes of mine have gone to other homes, and I currently have a Std. gauge climax sitting somewhere between alpha and beta stages.

Cheers,
John

Thank Bob: I just downloaded it from that site and I will let you know how it turned out.

Best regards, tom

To rweber95: Hi Bob: I installed the cdp files and had to fix some errors in dependencies for "06". Everything checks out now except for a missing "unknown location" dependency for the loco. It must be critical because the loco does not show up in rail yard, however the tender does show. The unknown kuid is 56561:55000. A google search did not find it. If you have it can you post it? Do you have a working version of this shay?

As always, Many Thanks, tom

Standard Guage Shay

I do know that Slugsmasher is building a 40 tonner or thereabouts standard shay. Might want to give him a shout

To rweber95: Hi Bob: I installed the cdp files and had to fix some errors in dependencies for "06". Everything checks out now except for a missing "unknown location" dependency for the loco. It must be critical because the loco does not show up in rail yard, however the tender does show. The unknown kuid is 56561:55000. A google search did not find it. If you have it can you post it? Do you have a working version of this shay?

As always, Many Thanks, tom
BabyShayInterior,<kuid:56561:55000> is on the DLS. I built the .cdp from TRS2006 so there will probably be some errors in TS2009. I'll try it.

Bob

BabyShayInterior,<kuid:56561:55000> is on the DLS. I built the .cdp from TRS2006 so there will probably be some errors in TS2009. I'll try it.

Bob

Hi Bob: Found the unknown kuid 56561:55000 under UTC on the DLS. I usually confine my searches to 04, 06 and 09. Big mistake on my part not to include all versions. Anyway, I installed it and the big shay magically appeared in Rail Yard. This is a very nice model and quite detailed. Very similar to my K-LINE NYC #10. Thanks again.

Tom

It is not on the DLS.

I'm not working on Trainz projects anymore because I don't really have the time or interest. I'm afraid permanent beta is permanent beta.

Various meshes of mine have gone to other homes, and I currently have a Std. gauge climax sitting somewhere between alpha and beta stages.

Cheers,
John

How is the climax coming along? I understand you have alot to do and thought I check on the progress of this engine.:cool:

I am looking for a US standard gauge shay and following this thread it seems like there isn't any available.

The C.O.C shay is really great an I love it if I could just change the couplers I would be happy.

This post is mainly a bump to see if anyone knows if a standard us gauge shay has been released since the last post.

Dave

Back