But how about the 20' containers

mjolnir

Friends,

OK. This time I searched all Trainz versions, and again searched the third party sites of which I am aware that have North American Intermodal content, looking for loaded cars with 2 20 foot containers in the well, with a 40, 48, or 53 foot container riding on top, and whether through accident or ignorance, I've not yet found any. Plenty of cars with 40's, 40's/48'sm 48's/48's to choose from (haven't looked for 53's yet, but I'll do that in a bit), but none with 20's on the bottom. Are these not yet available, or am I just not looking in the right place?

ns

The meshes will have the attachment points at two levels for the visible load. You should be able to create a queue that uses the upper attachment points and one that uses the lower attachment points.

It may take some experimentation to find the attachment point numbers.

Then all you have to do is be careful you don't end up with nothing in the bottom and containers on the top ones.

Cheerio John

To Phil:

Yes, that is the effect i'm looking for, but these are intended as "rolling scenery", that is, there will be no point on my present route where they the well cars would be loaded or unloaded. The loaded cars are just put in a "through" train.

To John: I'm not so worried about attachment points; for my purposes it will be sufficient to have a series of skinned meshes, one group of which represents a 40 on 2 20's, another group which represents a 48 on two 20's, and a third group representing a 53 on two 20's.

ns

I'm not sure anyone ever made what you describe wanting. When TRS2004 allowed animated loads, creators moved away from making cars with static loads. To get what you want, you place a well car then through the car's properties, you pre-load it. Users do the same when wanting pre-loaded hoppers, gondolas, etc.

I found out how to preload freight car assets, but learned on my first use that there are a few kinks in the system

set_out.png
<grin>

This one I'm probably going to solve by creating bulkhead flat car loads as content. The pair of 20 foot containers in the well topped by a 40, 48, or 53, will not be nearly as much an issue, and perhaps preloading with LARS will work for these, but we'll see.

ns

How did you preload?
If you did it by changing the config file, you have to know certain things. Some assets have attachment points in groups and each group is usable by certain but not all commodities. Add a commodity to the wrong spot and you get similar results to your picture.
If in Trainz, there may be different load sections, put a load in the wrong section and again you get what is in your picture.
Wellcars for example have 2 spots, one for the bottom and one for the top. I don't remember the centerbeams but I think they have different spots too for different sized lumber loads, I know they used both 8ft and 16ft products and 16ft will not work in the 8ft spots, you may have loaded your commodity in the wrong spot.

Back