Prototype Operations in Trainz

I thought your post was the first. So I thought that was what the whole topic was about, and that I was going to be the first to reply. Then I saw the other posts before and realized my big mistake... :confused: A huge one at that. I formally apologize for anything mean I said.

Sorry there. I'll contribute to my best.

Cheers,
Joshua

Sounds pretty neat. I only have one computer, and I share it with the family, but, yet again, I only have TRS2006. Which seems to be enough.

Cheers,
Joshua

Is there a CDP for a complete CMTM route that will run in TRS2009? I would like to be up and running not having to do all the work to set up a working route.
Ron

Not sure what version of Trainz these will run on, but these are ones I have done. There are also some routes/sessions done by others.

On DLS:
Conundrum & Pacific Single Player,<kuid2:32711:100035:1> Big HO switching layout done in Trainz. Over 500 cars on route. No portals.

Long Island Western Operations,<kuid2:32711:100026:1> Urban switching in brick and mortar canyons. 1960 era. All off route traffic is handled by AI trains on the Long Island RR. 241 CMTM movement records

Switching Grogan Loop,<kuid2:32711:100108:2> takes place on Philskene’s DownTown Traction Company 48 CMTM Movement records. This session won the 2010 world wide Session contest sponsored by Trainz.

Available from me on request:

Abilene Texas CMTM,<kuid:32711:100022> This route, by Maxwerks, represents the tracks of the Fort Worth & Denver Railway and the Texas & Pacific Railway in Abilene, Texas, USA in the 1950s. It was inspired by the article 'Fort Worth & Denver Days' in the Fall 2009 issue of Trains magazine.
The route consists mainly of urban and semi-urban switching, including street running. There is a passenger depot for each railroad, a small freight yard and depot, and an interchange between the two roads. There is also a coal-fired power plant, cottonseed and feed mills, and numerous other on-line industries. There are portals to the north, south, east, and west for use in simulating through traffic and bringing trains on- and off-stage.
CMTM Op Session was begun, but never finished. This is a good starter kit if you want to develop your own op session.

Iowa Central,<kuid:32711:100005> 120+ miles single track mainline with 18 towns, 220+ industries, 7 days of operations. 633 CMTM movement records – lots of operations - little to no scenery other than industry buildings.

Jay St Connecting 1914,<kuid:32711:100161> Barge fed terminal railroad in Brooklyn NY. 13 barges each day, some full, some not, bring cars to and away from this 1914 era railroad. Lots of urban switching inside buildings and down narrow streets. Watch out for the horse drawn wagons. 276 CMTM movement records

SOO Line Schiller Park Freight Yard Ops,<kuid:32711:100421> Schiller Park Yard is the southern terminus of the Soo Line Railroad, located in a northwestern suburb of Chicago. It consists of 6 arrival tracks, 15 classifications tracks, an engine terminal with roundhouse, two caboose tracks, four team tracks, two freight house tracks, nine R.I.P. tracks, a scale track, a clean-out track, two TOFC tracks and nine local industries.

Traffic consists of five regular inbound and outbound road trains with an occasional extra, and 13 transfer runs each day. There are seven days of operations with 720 inbound cars on Monday, and it gets busier as the week progresses.

The session is based on data from the Soo Line Historical Society Archives. In 1965, a study was made of the this yard to determine the feasibility of making it into a hump yard. This study included daily reports of arrival and departure times of trains and the number of cars in each train. The organization and operations of the yard are based on the 27 page Re-Issue of Yardmasters Instructions dated Feb 26, 1965.

The primary activities of the player for this session is driving the two switch engines, one at each end of the yard. This involves pulling cars from the arrival track in cuts of no more then 30 cars at a time, then sorting or classifying those cars by their destinations. The switches on each ladder track are labeled to identify the destinations of the cars to be placed on the corresponding track. At the appropriate times, outbound trains will be made up and sent on their way.

All trains departing and arriving from the north end are road freight trains. There are four thru freights and one way freight (or local freight) scheduled each day. Extra’s are run as needed. All road trains use a caboose. The road cabooses are stored on the road caboose track.

All trains departing and arriving from the south end of the yard are transfer runs to other railroads. There are transfer runs to nine different primary locations each day. Four of these primary locations have a second daily run. All incoming transfer traffic is by the 13 daily runs from this yard. No other railroads make deliveries to this yard. Each transfer run uses a specific caboose and may return lite with only the caboose in tow. All transfer cabooses are stored on the transfer caboose track.

2,123 CMTM Movement records. (Yes, that is two thousand, one hundred twenty three!)

Hoboken Shore – not sure the numbers, but it is somewhere on my computer.

Last edited:
Everything works that is on the DLS in TS12. None work in versions below that.

The Long Island Western is the only route that works in T:ANE. All the others get a timeout error, probably because of a size problem T:ANE.

You forgot the <kuid:32711:100377> Cattaraugus Creek & Lake Erie CMTM3 on the DLS which is great. Timeouts in T:ANE but is the only reason still using TS12.

Thanks for all the hard work
Harold

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder Harold.

There is also the West Virginia Western, which I've no uploaded. It's a coal hauling road using a DEM map (my first attempt at creating one). Town layouts and industries are based on a friend's HO layout that is no more (retirement and downsizing).

Hopefully, later this year, there will be more.

David

So with TS2009 I am out of luck, but moving to T:ANE would also leave me out of luck?

Has a video been made using CMTM on one of these routes? I would love to see it in action, but I can't find a video of actual CMTM operations.

Last edited:
So with TS2009 I am out of luck, but moving to T:ANE would also leave me out of luck?

Has a video been made using CMTM on one of these routes? I would love to see it in action, but I can't find a video of actual CMTM operations.
Go with TS!2 everything works in that version, everything.

Download Cattaraugus and the Long Island Western routes.

TS12 is on sale for $20, well worth it.

Harold

Last edited:
The Cattaraugus session is <kuid:32711:100380> CC&LE week of operations

Downloading that will download the route and all the dependencies.

Harold

Back