(TRS2004) Out of the box - what do I need to do to make it better?

Starr_Man5

Like a boss.
Hello ladies and gents :wave:
I haven't been on here for quite some time due to my Laptop breaking down. I'm re-installing TRS2004 and just want to know what the essentials are that I should download to make the game better from the start.
This is to save me sporadically starting new threads asking for help when I slowly realise that 'this isn't working' or 'there is something missing here' etc.

If there is already a thread listing such things then perhaps just point me in the right direction (via a quick kick up the bum if it doesn't fall short enough of being blindingly obvious).

Thank you,

Rikki :)

(looking forward to getting back on track)

Hi Starr_Man5,

First we need to know what version you have. Is it the international version from Auran or is it the Just Trainz version or something else.
If it is the international version from Auran you might need to download SP4 which can be installed after running TRS2004. Start TRS2004 then click on launch trainz and check the build number at the bottom right of the screen.
Post the build number and I am sure someone can tell you what you need to do then.

Cheers,
Bill69

Install it.
Run it.
When the menu comes up with Surveyor, etc., look for where the Build # is and note it.
Exit.
Come back and report what Build # so someone can tell you what patch to get if needed.
Extras for use outside TRS are TrainzObjectz and TrainzMap.

You have the UK version - 2370 is as good as it gets ;)

Get the 3rd party content manager called TrainzObjectz from tafweb here and you will be as well set up as anyone...

Andy ;)

Good one there!

Hi,
You have a good one there so can look forward to many years (I hope) of trouble free Trainzing, no fiddling with an interface utility to get assets in, just a couple of clicks, and that in my opinion, is how it should be.
And with TrainzObjects you can sort out any minor problems, I do, it's easy-peasy.
Stacks of assets on the DS for your pleasure all waiting to be downloaded and plenty of ready-made routes for you to run any new stock on you download.

Enjoy your Trainz.

Angela

Well that's good to know. It's been a while since I installed the game on my previous laptop and I just couldn't remember what I'd done back then. :hehe:

Thanks for the link Dermmy, much appreciated.

Regards,
Rikki.

Back