Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 15 inch gauge equipment (or similar)

Blog Entries

It would be nice to have some of Sir Arthur Heywood's locos and stock from the Duffield Bank and Eaton Hall railways. If you have MSTS or Open Rail the Eaton Hall route and stock are on UK Trainsim.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

Quote Originally Posted by teddytoot View Post
    It would be nice to have some of Sir Arthur Heywood's locos and stock from the Duffield Bank and Eaton Hall railways.
    Indeed it would.
    Before I cheat with Google, isn't he the one pretty much responsible for making 15 inch gauge farm and estate trams a thing?

If memory serves correctly, I believe so.

Blog Entries

I have uploaded a replacement bogie for MSTNoodle's mini coaches and wagons, now available on the DLS. I hope to upload tonight a 15inch bogey for Gerd's 600mm wagons similar to the 18inch one I uploaded a few years ago. I also hope to upload a bogey and a conversion mesh for MSTNoodle's Miniature Diesel engine. If and when these are approved I will post a copy of the Readme file in the mesh explaining how to do it.

Now can somebody help me. The 15inch Eaton Hall Railway had two Simplex locos similar to the WW1 WDLR ones. As far as I can find there are three available in Trainz. Two are by Kemplen in the Potteries Loop Line payware route and anyway are unsuitable as the bogey is a complete chassis. The third one is by bird_d00 which I have had for some years. As it's bogies are just wheels I shall make a conversion set. However it does not appear to be on the DLS and I can't remember where I got it from. Can anybody help me as to where I got it from and if it is still available. If it is not there will be little point in uploading my bogey.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

Blog Entries

My 15in bogie for converting Gerd's 600mm 4w wagons,the 15in bogie and bogie adaptor for MSTNoodle's Miniature Diesel are now on the DLS. Use the readme file that comes with the adaptor (reproduced below) to see how to do it. I wonder whether the effort with the wheels was worthwhile as they are effectively invisible.

Annotated Readme File

Conversion of MSTNoodle's Miniature Diesel Engine to 15in gauge

1) Clone the original

2 Copy from this asset to the mini_engine _body folder the following files:

a10verydarkgrey.txt
    black.bmp (these make the existing wheels invisible.)
    bogey_mesh.im

3) Delete the existing a10verydarkgrey.texture.txt file

4) Rename a10verydarkgrey.txt to a10verydarkgrey.texture.txt

5) Copy across new-config.txt to the root folder, open it in notepad or similar and change kuid:xxxx:xxxx to the kuid of your clone. (this is basically MSTNoodle's original config file with the additions for the bogie adaptor and to change the Trainzbuild to 3.5 so I could upload it. Repeat don't forget to change the kuid to your clone's value)

6) Delete the existing config.txt file and rename new-config.txt to config.txt.

7) Submit edits and you should now have a 15in gauge version of the original

I hope this all works OK. I am now hunting round to see if any other NG stock can be re-wheeled. Nobody has come for so far on the origin and availability of bird_d00's Simplex.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

Quote Originally Posted by teddytoot View Post

I hope this all works OK. I am now hunting round to see if any other NG stock can be re-wheeled. Nobody has come for so far on the origin and availability of bird_d00's Simplex.
    Afraid that Simplex has gone to Trainz Heaven, it was on the now deceased TPR Download Depot. bird_d00 was suffering from health issues a couple of years ago and nobody has heard or seen anything of him since. His Website still exists however the links are to TPR, http://www.lutrainz.com/other.html

Alternatively there is kevmt's Simplex, FR's Mary Ann which is on Trainzone not the DLS, I see you have utilised that at some point according to the DLS.

Another thought didn't nathanmallard have some miniature stuff at some point?

Then maybe the Rudyard Lake rolling stock which is 10 1/4" Gauge might possibly be usable, although I seem to remember they dug into the track!
    Malc

Blog Entries

Thanks Malc for the information. I somehow can't really visualise a 40hp Simplex on 15in track! I will look at the Rudyard Lake stuff. A pity MSTS and Trainz stuff isn't interchangeable as most if not all of Heywood's locos and stock together with the two Eaton Hall Simplexes are on UKTrainsim.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

Blog Entries

Following clam1952's suggestion I have had a look at cmburgess' Rudyards Lake stock. In my opinion the rolling stock is too small and the production of suitable bogies is probably beyond my limited abilities. However the locos are a different matter. Both the diesels and the steam locos have deep outside frames which effectively hide the wheels. The diesels are just visible if one is close but the discrepancy in gauge is not really noticeable. With the two steam locos one cannot see the wheels at all.

The only drawbacks are that they have no visible drivers and in the case of the steam locos, no interior although a.cabfront is there. One would also want to change the interior of the two diesels that have the TTTE Rusty cabview <kuid2:142268:55011:3> to the green one <kuid2:142268:55012:2>.

There is also Trainboi01's Northern Rock 2-6-2 loco but this appears to be 50% over scale as it's length is about 32ft whereas the real one is 24ft.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

I've always wondered about that...