15 inch gauge equipment (or similar)

jonnil

Hi all,

I am very curious. Just found a 15 inch gauge locomotive and track for Trainz, and has anyone made 15 inch equipment for Trainz?

I am aware MSTnoodle did some 24 inch stuff, and there is some 10 1/4 on the DLS, but I can't find anything else :(

Can anyone help me?

I didn't know there was 15-inch content. I have some 10 1/4 and have seen the 18in mining stuff, but never 15in. Where'd you get the loco and track?

Well, there is a compromise to the 15 inch stuff. It has a face.

cache_1991568320.png

However, it comes with 15 inch gauge track. I'm sure the author will reskin it in no time though, and he is making more.

http://si3d.jimdo.com/locos/railway-series-locos/

WAIT VISIT SI3D 2009 THERE ARE 10000000000! ENGINES AT THE BOTOM OF THE LOCO PAYGE:) NON WORK BUT YOU CAN EASYLY FIX THEM

curiosity

Hi all,

I am very curious. Just found a 15 inch gauge locomotive and track for Trainz, and has anyone made 15 inch equipment for Trainz?

I am aware MSTnoodle did some 24 inch stuff, and there is some 10 1/4 on the DLS, but I can't find anything else :(

Can anyone help me?

i was just wondering where was or is this 10 1/4 inch stuff on the DLS (what is it called) i.e mini engines or what ever

If anyone else has seen the arlesdale videos on youtube then you proberly know what I mean when I ask do you know when i say where do you get the hopper shoot from

Found this here in 2020 while using search engines looking for what 15 inch gauge things there may or many not be for TANE. I was once actively modeling Gn15 and participating in the Gnatterbox forum for it and O9 and yesterday thought someone might have made some minimum gauge track and rolling stock.
There are 4 items of 15 inch gauge track in Download station but several variations of search terms there and in Google found nothing to run on the available track.

The 4 track splines are the following, and they do work in TANE.
(Search also found the not-15-inch-gauge South African Railway "NG15" class 2-8-2 steam locomotive.)
(also, didn't locate the metric equivalent of 15 inches, 381mm)

CL NG15 Track [Detailed]

TS12
Created by: clam1952
File Size: 883.15 kb
KUID: <KUID:425700:102460>
Date: 3rd Jun 2017
Downloaded: 2010

-----------------------------------------------------------------

CL NG15 Track - No Ballast [Detailed]

TS12
File Size: 549.48 kb
KUID: <KUID:425700:102462>
Downloaded: 635

-----------------------------------------------------------

CL NG15 Track - Rail Only [Detailed]

TS12
File Size: 6.92 kb
KUID: <KUID:425700:102463>
Downloaded: 1931

------------------------------------------------------

CL NG15 Track - Stone Embankment [Detailed]

TS12
File Size: 1.5 MB
KUID: <KUID:425700:102461>
Downloaded: 2028

-------------------------------------------------------

Someone requested I make it a while back, I forget who but I did have something to test on the track.

Got it!

<kuid:648132:101016> Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway 'Northern Rock
<kuid:648132:101017> Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway 'Northern Rock' Tender

Doesn't appear to be anything else, leastwise not on the DLS. There was allegedly some 15" stuff with faces on one of the now gone Thomas sites.

Thanks for bringing that/those to light! :)
They are now downloaded!
And now that their name is mentioned I remember learning in late 1970s of them over there in UK, along with a couple other outfits like Romney, Hythe, & Dymchurch, but the last several days none of their names would come to mind & that mind, which thanks to a couple neurological, endocrine, and mitochondrial, diseases is not as sharp as it used to be and did not think to do a general Google for the names of any of the 15 inch gauge railways in order to search for content that way.

Just for fun, here are their official websites, https://ravenglass-railway.co.uk/ and https://www.rhdr.org.uk/

Someone requested I make it a while back, I forget who but I did have something to test on the track.

Got it!

<kuid:648132:101016> Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway 'Northern Rock
<kuid:648132:101017> Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway 'Northern Rock' Tender

Thought it would be polite to let you know where it went, employed it to show size of 15in equipment and track relative to 30 inch, and draw attention to a useful application of minimum gauge.
Track extends over to passenger station for the 30 inch gauge trains.

49892351101_31a82d8c8f_c.jpg

49892351261_5b7677acff_c.jpg

I'm actually hoping to get some freelance 15inch gauge locos and rolling stock designed sometime in the near future. I think it's about time that we had an expanded range in that regard. I think some of Steve Flanders' WD wagons could even be re-gauged to 15inch, the wagon bodies look to be about the right width for such a gauge. Some of the open WD wagons could be modified into some 3-4 compartment carriages depending on which of the wagon types are used.

There is a seafront 15inch guage miniature railway included in the route 'Dearnby and District v2' (by Lataxe Kids and myself). The 'Trainspotter Session' which accompanies it made use of the Northern Rock loco plus some FR 2ft gauge rolling stock which overhang sufficiently to hide the discrepancy. I couldn't find any 15 inch rolling stock. No other 15inch-specific items are used, with stations etc all being assembled from DLS components.

I'm actually hoping to get some freelance 15inch gauge locos and rolling stock designed sometime in the near future. I think it's about time that we had an expanded range in that regard.
Sounds like a plan to me! :D

And since the 'freelance' word was used, feel free to be inspired if any of it is worth being inspired by, https://flic.kr/s/aHsiYQ2vbR and https://flic.kr/s/aHsjfFNaPD Some of those, incomplete in these images, definitely have a more fanciful than strictly practical element.

The 2 locomotives with the semi truck exhaust and the little streamlined one were to be for passenger trains.
There are sketches for them & others shown barely begun there, showing some more details, for instance, Dave's diesel and Eileen's electric, which are just barely begun in those pictures from so long ago, Dave's Diesel was built a bit different from sketch, it ended up with a 1-axle truck at each end, on the model they are HO PRR 4-4-2 trailing trucks.

49895129027_6946f38c55_z.jpg

49895128952_c0a35069c1_z.jpg

And the mine loco, which is based on real ones in a 1980s book, now sits at this stage,

49895168867_f631086fda_z.jpg

49894872741_82237da33a_z.jpg

Last edited:
It would be nice to have some of Sir Arthur Heywood's locos and stock from the Duffield Bank and Eaton Hall railways. If you have MSTS or Open Rail the Eaton Hall route and stock are on UK Trainsim.

It would be nice to have some of Sir Arthur Heywood's locos and stock from the Duffield Bank and Eaton Hall railways.
Indeed it would.
Before I cheat with Google, isn't he the one pretty much responsible for making 15 inch gauge farm and estate trams a thing?

I have uploaded a replacement bogie for MSTNoodle's mini coaches and wagons, now available on the DLS. I hope to upload tonight a 15inch bogey for Gerd's 600mm wagons similar to the 18inch one I uploaded a few years ago. I also hope to upload a bogey and a conversion mesh for MSTNoodle's Miniature Diesel engine. If and when these are approved I will post a copy of the Readme file in the mesh explaining how to do it.

Now can somebody help me. The 15inch Eaton Hall Railway had two Simplex locos similar to the WW1 WDLR ones. As far as I can find there are three available in Trainz. Two are by Kemplen in the Potteries Loop Line payware route and anyway are unsuitable as the bogey is a complete chassis. The third one is by bird_d00 which I have had for some years. As it's bogies are just wheels I shall make a conversion set. However it does not appear to be on the DLS and I can't remember where I got it from. Can anybody help me as to where I got it from and if it is still available. If it is not there will be little point in uploading my bogey.

My 15in bogie for converting Gerd's 600mm 4w wagons,the 15in bogie and bogie adaptor for MSTNoodle's Miniature Diesel are now on the DLS. Use the readme file that comes with the adaptor (reproduced below) to see how to do it. I wonder whether the effort with the wheels was worthwhile as they are effectively invisible.

Annotated Readme File

Conversion of MSTNoodle's Miniature Diesel Engine to 15in gauge

1) Clone the original

2 Copy from this asset to the mini_engine _body folder the following files:

a10verydarkgrey.txt
black.bmp (these make the existing wheels invisible.)
bogey_mesh.im

3) Delete the existing a10verydarkgrey.texture.txt file

4) Rename a10verydarkgrey.txt to a10verydarkgrey.texture.txt

5) Copy across new-config.txt to the root folder, open it in notepad or similar and change kuid:xxxx:xxxx to the kuid of your clone. (this is basically MSTNoodle's original config file with the additions for the bogie adaptor and to change the Trainzbuild to 3.5 so I could upload it. Repeat don't forget to change the kuid to your clone's value)

6) Delete the existing config.txt file and rename new-config.txt to config.txt.

7) Submit edits and you should now have a 15in gauge version of the original

I hope this all works OK. I am now hunting round to see if any other NG stock can be re-wheeled. Nobody has come for so far on the origin and availability of bird_d00's Simplex.

Back