The Forums, Helpdesk, and iTrainz may be slow or go offline today - 20/08/2009 - 1220

ZecMurphy

Community Assistant
Hi All
We are currently doing some maintenance to the servers running the forums, helpdesk, and iTrainz (chat and iPortal) systems. Due to this, you may find the forums slow or unavailable throughout the day.
We thank you for your patience, and hope to have a minimal amount of downtime.
Thank you

Thanks Zec.
It is good to know these things, it saves so many computers from being beaten with a bat...I often think it is my PC.
Thanks for doing a great job keeping us informed.

Cheers,
Woody:cool:

I do hope this "mayne-en-tens" will help editing of posts if posts need editing.

Zec, any chance of dividing the Freeware section in to game versions? Make it a lot easier, and would save people asking.

Also just a note, when someone locks a thread, could they at least give a brief reason why. All that is needed is "locked due to blah, blah"

PS: I can't find any chat room on the Trainz forums. I know I've seen it before, but now can't find i.

I couldn't agree with Red Rattler more, that is a great idea, Red.
Can we make a requests section, so that freeware announcements will actually contain something worth reading.
I can't find anything there, it is too full of requests, please guys, understand where I'm coming from.
I can't enjoy that section like it is right now.
I believe I can speak for many others here too.

Cheers,
Woody

Last edited:
At this stage we won't be adding any new areas to the forums. This was just some maintenance to repair a number of issues that had been experienced with the systems lately.

For the new areas, splitting into version specific areas is really not going to work. Not only will it make reading the forums even more confusing (think about it, TS09 user comes in and sees that there is no new content for 09, they aren't going to look in the 04 area...), but it will clutter the forum main page.

As for a requests area, this really won't get read much and will end up just having posts spammed in there. That said, I only count 3 request threads on the first page.

Thank you

Well, I know there are only 3 "obvious" threads...but if you read the others it ends up the same most of the time.
But still, I'm lucky to still be here...you know what I mean Zec...:hehe:
I'm just glad that there is a forum, and an extraordinary group of people who use it!

Woody:cool:

< DELETE PART OF POST HAS IT SEEMED AS THE EDIT WORKED - THIS TIME (Grrrr!)>

Any chance of being able to delete your own posts, such as making mistakes?

Last edited:
Back