A.I. Train Stops Short

Sampug394

I'm back. >:]
A.I. Train DOESN'T stop

I don't get it. I've told the AI driver to Drive to the Trackmark, STOP, and Uncouple, and Back away back to the Portal, but It does nothing. It will Slow down, and keep going. I have Trackmarks in Place, AND Trackside Stop Signs, but the Retard Driver blatantly ignores ALL commands! :confused:

Somebody PLEASE help me - I will Provide Pictures if Necessary. :(

Last edited:
GRRR.jpg

Isn't this Enough to Stop the AI driver from Continuing Past?

Last edited:
GRRR2.jpg

Here's the Orders set up that are Somehow Ignored:

'Drive to Trackmark PUSH STOP'
'STOP train'
'Uncouplez from Car #4'
'Drive to 36NG Portal Exit'

How fast is the train going before it got to ther train stop. Other wise they can just run through. Drive the route yourself and do the commands first to see if it is infact possible to perform the duties required.

Did the driver get his morning coffee and did the blue he had with the missess before starting work have and reason to put his mind else where and not on the job he was meant to be doing.:hehe:

How fast is the train going before it got to ther train stop. Other wise they can just run through. Drive the route yourself and do the commands first to see if it is infact possible to perform the duties required.

It is Possible, as the Max Speed approaching the Dump is 10, and then 5 mph. :eek:

Hi sampug,

Place a "wait for 5 seconds" command between the stop command and the uncouple command, then place a "hornz" command after the uncouple command. This would be more prototipical and will give a slight delay before the AI driver sees the next command.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi sampug,

Place a "wait for 5 seconds" command between the stop command and the uncouple command, then place a "hornz" command after the uncouple command. This would be more prototipical and will give a slight delay before the AI driver sees the next command.

Cheers,
Bill69

Thanks, but I'm not trying to Make the Train wait. I'm just trying to get it to STOP moving.

Apology accepted,

There is one other thing you should look at. You say the speed limits are 10mph then down to 5 mph. This can be tricky if the decreasing speed limits are too close together. If your incoming train passes the 10mph limit then passes the 5mph limit before the rear of the train passes the 10mph limit it will try to speed up to 10mph again when the rearmost wagon passes the 10mph limit.

just a thought,
Bill69

how close are the Trackmarks? are they with in the normal 20 meters Radius . if so AI will not see the second trackmark

Jeff

I find it best to use a wait 10sec after every couple/uncouple command. If the ground is not level, the stock will roll away. Bringing the train to a dead standstill fixes this. As said before, It looks more realistic anyway.
baz

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt357/Sampug394/GRRR2.jpg

Here's the Orders set up that are Somehow Ignored:

'Drive to Trackmark PUSH STOP'
'STOP train'
'Uncouplez from Car #4'
'Drive to 36NG Portal Exit'
You've only told the train to stop. It won't know how long to stop for, unless you use a Wait for X time. Use a wait for X command also after a uncouple/couple instruction.

Also just wondering do you really need two trackmarks, as they look close.

You say that you want the loco to back away to a portal. If it's not based on a real railway/railroad, would it be better to put a run-around-loop where you want to uncouple the loco?

Last edited:
You've only told the train to stop. It won't know how long to stop for, unless you use a Wait for X time. Use a wait for X command also after a uncouple/couple instruction.

Also just wondering do you really need two trackmarks, as they look close.

You say that you want the loco to back away to a portal. If it's not based on a real railway/railroad, would it be better to put a run-around-loop where you want to uncouple the loco?

The Problem is, even if just Testing, the Train won't Stop at all.

I have Two Trackmarks for Different Locomotives, as one Leaves the Train Behind, and the Other Fetches it from the Opposite Direction. The Cars should be Loaded too, but They can't be if the Train doesn't Stop.

Right now, I'm not Trying to make it Realistic with the Hornz Command and whatnot. I'm trying to get it Work properly, which has been Very Frustrating.

I've Had Enough

Alright, thank you all for the Suggestions, but I've had enough messing with the AI. I'm going to Make the Train Appear out of the Portal, make a Notification that it's there, and have it wait until I get control of it Manually. Then it will all work properly.

Good Day to all,

Sampug394

Back