Good Luck, Fellow Young Trainzers.

Ex,
I had no idea that you have education issues in the UK.
Everyone at my school talks of British kids as if they are geniuses.
Of course, that is just a pre-assumtion, we think Brits are super smart because they sound smart, and some people think that southern people sound stupid, it is aweful how people do that.:eek:

Ex,
Of course, that is just a pre-assumtion, we think Brits are super smart because they sound smart, and some people think that southern people sound stupid, it is aweful how people do that.:eek:

Just an old guy thinking.... would the correct word be... presumption?

Just an old guy thinking...again... how you sound when speaking is far less important then.... what you say when speaking.

Oh, btw, I live in South.

Have fun,:D

I can only assume that a pre-assumtion would be making an assumtion previous to actually assuming anything , whereas , a presumption would be based on one's assumption ??

Simply wanted to clear this up for youse all !

--- ,DLR (added this (fake smiley) so folks would not think me an a-- !)

Very well said young man, it's what school and work and life is all about.....Be organised, mentally disciplined, and you'll go a very long way in the future....

Now, if only the kids in the UK were taught this in school......:p

Kids are expected to understand this concept pretty well before they graduate from grammar school. If they don't get it by the time they enter middle school (formerly known as junior high school) they are going to have a rough time keeping up. Some of the higher profile kids are put on an individualized education plan ( IEP) and referred to a highly structured program, smaller class size, with a strong emphasis on behavior modification.

If the "be organized / mentally disciplined" attitude isn't re-enforced at home, there's only so much a teacher can do and the success rate isn't good.

I can only assume that a pre-assumtion would be making an assumtion previous to actually assuming anything , whereas , a presumption would be based on one's assumption ??

Simply wanted to clear this up for youse all !

--- ,DLR (added this (fake smiley) so folks would not think me an a-- !)
Oh Dave...no one would ever think of you like that.......:hehe: Just kidding.
Well guys, that is why we are in school, see what I'm saying?
Thankfully, my spelling is generally pretty good, except of slip-ups.:p
Aardvark,
I live in the south too, so I'm not saying anything bad about ya!

I start 11th grade on August 25th, and I get a Lionel 2056 Hudson on the 26th! It runs and lights up. It is my birthday present for my 17th birthday. I am grateful that my friend took me to the train loft to pick it out. It was built in 1952 and the store owner is going to help me find a new boiler front if I need one. My activity will greatly decrease during school. Might be active from 4:30 to 7:30 due to homework. Good luck everyone.
-Alex

EDIT: Sorry if this is a long winded message, I'm excited because the Lionel Hudson I am buying is finding a new home on my O gauge layout. (Not really a layout)

Damn, I didn't know there were so many young scholars, many I assumed (to assume makes an ass of you and me) were old bastards like myself, or even older ones like ummmm.... Many of us. So good luck you young lucky $h!t's. And if all of that education fails, don't be afraid to get dirty or become a WANDERING DOG! That's living! Follow your muse... unless you make people to feed... then do as you are told and conform so I don't have to feed them. Learn of good food and good drink and good music and poor grammar. If you make a lot, give some away, just not to beggars. Freedom is the ultimate wealth, irresponsibility is divine.

Can't sleep till midnight anyway.
Besides, I have to do some editing on my Trainz Magazine article, it is time for me to finish September's column and start on October's.
*GRABS COFFEE DRINK*

Cheers!
Woody

Ex,

Hello IC,

Having travelled far and wide across your fair country, on purely vacational trips, I've encountered many of your schoolchildren and college/university students, and can assure you that our kids are no less, or, more smart, than yours or anyone elses on this planet.

I learnt a new word yesterday, which will undoubtedly find its way into the Oxford English Dictionary. It's called a screenager, a euphamism from the word teenager, but, according to top Government experts who have compiled numerous studies amongst Britain's kids, now concur that they spend more time every day than ever before, watching TV and playing on their computers, ipods, Playstations, etc, etc, I thought it was quite apt, and focuses the plight of the current British educational system, to what it was in my day, so many years ago.....

Cheerz. ex. :wave:

ex. ,

Thank you for the above info , you can be assurred that I will add the word 'screenager' to my vocabulary ! My grandsons will be most tired of it in the near future . All the tech items you have listed have their place/places , but the little guys still need to remember how grandpa showed them how to gap a spark plug , operate a power tool , check the oil , etc .

That's how I learned , so many years ago , --- ,dave

Well I start my final year of grade schooling (12th grade) on monday the 25th Then off to college for me to work On a degree in music production and photography. and not near any tracks

Pinellas(ex-Hillsborough/Tampa) County District starts Tuesday as well... luckily I actually go to a non-fundamentalist(public schools where they focus on the fundamentals/ABCs-123s) school this year. I was only really requried that for my 9th grade year, but I was in a private correspondence school for that. I can start 10th grade in my career academy(I still have one or two more fundamental credits to get through), that is unless they screwed my records up again(PCSB has a tendency to do that from transitioning from ES to MS/JHS and MS/JHS to HS). Luckily I only have to be stabbed one more time when I'm 17 to complete my health records. Anyways, yeah, hopefully everyone has a good 09-10 school year(esp. High Schoolers), so they can get their ED done and maybe get a good decent job or maybe even go to university/college.

Agreed, Isaac. Education is important, definitely more so than Trainz. I go to one of the better schools this year, which started out an A school, unlike most schools. Miami-Dade starts Monday.

Next Tuesday for me, I'm glad I took one last railfan trip for the summer yesterday. I'll be in the 11th grade.

Back