VALE WAZZA

ERIC98W

Hi all,
some really sad news tonite, i rang the Wazzer to be answered by his son, who sadly informed me his Dad had gone, "just when he was finally getting better" he had been laid up with a DVT, that they had dispersed the clot before any terrible results, and he was picking up, but now hes gone to the big train shed where ever that is.

TOTR has lost one of the Originals, and the world has lost a very good and caring man.

I'll ring & mail all those who i still have the details for, & get back with the final details when the family advises me.

Regards All,
Eric

Hi Eric
Thank you for passing on this very saddening news :(

This is for Wazza.

I only spoke to you a couple of times via YahooIM, but I would like to say thank you. Both for the talks, as well as for being a part of this community.

rest in peace Wazza :( :'(

Zec

This is really sad news. Wazzer and I talked often on messenger and he was always willing to help me out.

He organised the Sydney TOTR meets and let everyone know about them. He even offered me somewhere to sleep if I traveled to Sydney for one of them. Sadly I was never able to take up the offer :(

Wazzer, to me, was one of the true Model Railroad "Hobbyist" (if thats a word) and Trainz supporter.

He will be sadly missed.

Eric, many thanks for letting us know.

Craig
:( :( :(

Last edited:
Just thinking of him yesterday too.

:'(

That is very sad news. It was a pleasure to know Wazza and he will be sorely missed. Sincere condolences to his lovely family.

Goodbye old mate.

~R~

Vale friend

A very sad loss.

I first met Wazzer about 5 or 6 years ago at a Canberra TOTR, and subsequently joined Wazzer, Bearcat and Colin on the stand at later Canberra TOTR events. Wazzer was a very gentle soul, and was very patient with the children. The kids always circled him at these events, as he encouraged them to try out our Trainz demo's.

Wazzer enjoyed the feeling of community amongst Trainz enthusiasts, and organised regular Trainzer get togethers in Sydney, and between different Trainzer groups. I always found Wazzer a great inspiration in my own Trainz work. I know there are others who were similarly inspired by him.

After I relocated to the Blue Mountains Wazzer visited several times, to check on my Trainz progress, and offer encouraging words.

Wazzer, I was pleased to be able to call you a friend. You will be missed !

This is sad in deed

I see myself as a very lucky person to have had Wazzer as a close personal friend.

I have spent many an happy hour, with Wazzer in person, on line and the phone. I could alway count on Wazzers Sunday phone call to be the high light of my week.

All my family are shocked by this news as Wazzer was always a most welcome guest under our roof.

Words can not express the loss to me personaly and to the trainz community that the passing of Wazz has been.

I just hope were every he is now that the tracks are narrow, the coffee is good and the pies are Villers.

RIP Wazzer "The King of the Kids"

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Last edited:
I did meet Wazzer a few times at TOTRs. He drove Trainzbuff(Ken) and I to the Liverpool show a few years ago.

Bit of a larrican (spelling) but very friendly and always good to get on with was Wazzer.

It is sad to hear of his passing, condolences to those close to him. Wazzer will always be remembered as a nice guy and real helper.

Thanks Wazzer.

Last edited:
Wazzer
You loved Trains and when Trainz hit the scene, you became one our friends. You will be missed mate, but I feel sure you will watch over us from time to time. I was privileged to meet you on a few occasions and you always made all of us feel special.
Our sympathy to all your family, including those in the Trainz family.
Sincerely
Rod Young

Ah Waz, the King of the Kids, the only bloke I knew who would pull on a Hawaiian shirt with tracksuit pants. I know I will miss his personality.

Warrick was a good friend and will be missed.

I remember well, his staying with us when he came up to Brisbane for one of the Model Train Shows, his humour, and help to the community.

Condolences to his family.

Ian

He was a nice and cool guy. My thoughts and feelings go to his family. He had a great wit and good sense of humor.

RIP

Sadly

AJ

goodbye wazzer, it was an honour and a privilege to have known you and spend time with you.

Travel well mate

how sad is that

Last edited:
What a shock!
Met Wazza at quiet a few Sydney Trainzers, he was the one that organised them, always made you feel very welcome.
His passing will be a great loss to the Trainz community.
My condolence to his family.
Macka

Such a helpful, friendly guy. Trainzer and TOTR will never be the same without The Waz.

Rest in peace Wazzer

David

This is saddening news. I would like to extend sincere condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace mate.

Rowdy

Back