Using Working Timetables

Morra

Does anybody have experience in using WTTs inTrainz.I've been trying to create a session in the S&DJR. MY problem is setting the start time for a particular train. eg The local Bath-Binegar and return. The start from Bath is 18.05 and starts from Binegar at 19.05. also setting the speed limit for a local passenger train. I had a look in the manual but I couldn't find anything there. Any help would be appreciated
Harold

Hi Harold
Have you taken a look at wait until minute and wait until hour both on the DLS. Not sure if its what you are after but they do set an exact time before a train starts.

Hi Harold

I have been using the working timetables for the Settle and Carlisle route in both TC3 and 2009. The scenarios are programmed with the SCS2006 rule and are quite succesful. One of the commands is "Wait until" which allows you to specify the hour, minute and second that you want the train to leave.

With AI drivers the other thing you need to do is control the max speed that they will run at. For some reason AI drivers seem to run at the maximum line speed irrespective of load or gradient. On the S&C a through express will take about 20 min less than the scheduled time from Skipton to Carlisle. This can play havoc with pathing if you have other trains running the same route. With SCS2006 you can control the max speed that the train will run at. I found on the S&C for the Thames Clyde Express that if I restrict max speed to 45 mph between Skipton and Ais Gill and then run at 60 mph from there to Carlisle the train will keep it's passing times to within a minute.

Using SCS2006 I have been able to program a very complex scenario based on the Carlisle WTT with both passenger and freight trains running to and from all the different routes and it also copes with engine changes which were a feature of many expresses calling at Carlisle.

If you want to have a look at SCS2006 it is available on the download station but make sure you also get the manual which is quite comrehensive. There is a steep learning curve with this rule but once mastered you can do almost anything with it.

Regards

Brian

Last edited:
Would be grateful if you could tell me how to obtain this SCS2006 rule. Looked on download station but a search didn't find it and going through the list of rules didn't disclose it either! Do you know the Kuid or exact file name.

Thanks

Yorkshire

Hi Yorkshire

This is the link to the rule on the DLS.

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php

It can also be obtained from the TPR website where there is a forum dedicated to SCS2006.

http://www.trainzproroutes.org/forum/

The SCS2006 forum is next to last on the page. You will need to be registered to access the forum but this is free. When you open the forum there are stickies at the top some of which give you access to demo files for download. If you download from the DLS drag the SCS2006 file into the download panel and it should find the other dependencies such as the manual.

As I mentioned in the earlier post it does take a bit of getting to grips with but if you want to try it and get stuck either post on here or the TPR forum and myself or someone else will be only too happy to help.

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian, Thanks for the information, I'll follow that up as well. By the way where did your get S&C timetables from, I've been trying get hold of some for ages.
Thanks again
Harold

Hi again Harold

They are available from this site.

http://steverabone.com/Hellifield Website/

Click on "Hellifield in 1960 and 1961" and you will find the 1960 summer timetables for freight and passenger services. I downloaded the Hi-res images and printed them off with one page to an A4 sheet. Anything smaller and they are just about unreadable on a printed page (for me at least). This is an excellant site to read through and I owe a debt of gratitude to Stovepipe for bringing it to my attention.

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian,Ive managed to D/L the SCS2006 including the manual, I'll shall have have a good look at that.Also had had a look at the Hellifield site, you're right, I'll have to get my binoculars out to read it, although the 1922 timetables interest me more. Its amazing what you can find on this site if you only ask. Thanks again.
Harold

Back