Something Dutch

Jananton

Yesterdayz Trainz member
Hi All,

These are mainly to see how far I could get making a dutch landscape with the available content I've collected all over the place the past year(s).

Maffei007.jpg

En route.

Holl_010.jpg

Arrival at some small village, time to stretch the legs.

Holl_003.jpg

View at the end of the platform.

Holl_002.jpg

Exiting the station.

Holl_004.jpg

Going for a photo opportunity

Holl_005.jpg

And another one.

Holl_001.jpg

The village road with greenhouses at the other side.

Holl_006.jpg

A last look along the line.

Holl_008.jpg

Walking back taking a shortcut through the greenhouses.

Holl_012.jpg

On board again on the way to the next stop. Note that the name on the signal box doesn't really mean the real place looks like this.

Greetings from cloudy Amsterdam,

Jan

Hello Jananton,:)

Nice to see some good screenshots from your country. May I ask you where you found these dutch semaphores? (are they available for 2004?)

Last edited:
Bonjour Frédo,

Thanks for your kind words.

Hello Darkdan,

The semaphores will become available, don't ask me when, but these are from a bèta testset that was available via a dutch trainz site forum. It will be a large set since, as you might know, signalling in the semaphore days was based on the route taken through switches. So instead of the todays daylight signals that often just show a number for advised speed, the semaphore's position of one arm in combination with others for the same track gave an indication wheater straight through or divergence is set and so speed reduction was indicated. The set that's created by RikJ will have all possible combinations and a rule that needs to be included in the session settings so it will all function as it did in real life. I presume its name will be something like "Signal NS 1937". If you want to read more about semaphore signalling in the Netherlands go here (in dutch) and someone mentioned the definite anouncement of release will be found here.(dutch too I'm afraid)

Greetings from cloudy Amsterdam,

Jan

Back