Iportals?

klambert

Ca Plane Pour Moi
Does anyone still use the Iportals? As far as I know people dont bother with them. please tell me because I havnt used any Iportal yet and I have been online for over a year now.

You need to setup group that agrees to meet on line like every Thusday night 6 to 10. Then exchange portal and cargo info and set up your routs to work togeather. After thats done, away you go. Have fun. There are some groups out there, just search the form and ask them if you can join.

I do use the iPortals - but fot inter-route transmission, not between groups.

For group use, you all need to have the same items available!

Colin

This Inter-Route transmission ? Please explain...Is it, that you transfer consists from one of your routes...close that route...and open up another of your routes, and the same consist is waiting thre for you to operate on the new route ? If so...I wish to know more, how this is done.

So lets set up an IPortal group together, and all download the same assets. We could start off with using only built in US & European locos and cars...and further work together as a club.:cool:
I have TRS2006
My Yahoo IM: cascaderailroad

Last edited:
cascaderailroad, inter-route transmission is when you have a train going from route A to route B via the use of Iportals. You set the Iportal to transmit trains 'Only within computer' instead of via internet.

I'm interested in an Iportal group. What version of Trainz would you be using? I have TC3 and 2006.
Would you just be using stock from one reigion, i.e. North America, or wouldn't it matter? Could we use anything we wanted, as long as everybody else had it or it was builtin?

I have signed the membership forms on there and I am now waiting for confirmation from the administrator.

The big difference between Iportal and Portal is: with an Iportal the emeging train can be set to automaticly continue driving all on its own on AI...but with Portals the train stops as a default and requires you to assign a driver and start it running again.

I was going to try merging my 3 seperate segments of my Horseshoe Curve routes together...but now I think I will keep them separate routes, because of each of their monsterous sizes.

I used "Iportal Tunnel" and it worked great...I sent a train from one of my other routes into the tunnel, and then I closed that route. When I opened up my "New Route", one minute later the same train from the previous route, now emerged from the new route "Iportal".

This means that I can now divide my Massive PRR Horseshoe Curve DEM route into many, many seperate routes...and for example: Send trains up the East Slope into the Tunnehill Tunnels...close that route...and open up the West Slope route and the same train now emerges from the West Slope-Galitzin Tunnels.

IM me if you need information how to do this: Iportal thing

Iportal

I brought this post up again because i have 2 questions (1 How do you know if a person is just online or in a driving session with ichat ?) (2 How dose trainz know to which iportal to send a train to if you saved a session. ?) To the saved session or to the session you saved it from.
Danny5

I too still use iportals but I havn't used it for a long time, I normally use TRS2006 as my main Trainz version to use it for. Also very recently started to use TS2009. I did also start a group of my own but at the minute, it's gathering dust. I would love to start it up again.

(Edit): I too is registering to the TRS2006 iportal group mentioned in post number 7 of this thread mentioned by 'ct krogen'. :)

Last edited:
Back