Altamont Pass (warning large images 1023x676)

NIARTcar

Graphic Designer for Amtr
Screen_298-2.jpg

Announcing my first project for this site: The Altamont Pass

This route is being designed to be fully prototypical of the real region and will inclued all of the actual industries, such as sewage treatment, steel supply, frozen goods (for numerouse warehouses in this area), produce, cardboard recycleing, gravel, passengers, and more!.....

At this moment the route only extends from Tracy to Livermore, but its likely that it may continue on from livermore all the way to San Jose.

More shots to come,

Nick

surprisingly, it doesnt have a very high poly count...... it runs very nicely on the slowest of computers

ALL RIGHT!
:udrool:
If I thought I would do a good job of it, I would have done that route. I have done a compressed version of Niles Canyon in my Niles Hinton and Winchester (on the DLS). I have done preliminary planning for Stockton to Oakland via Livermore but realized it was too much for me.
An attempt of this route was made before called something like Altamont Express. I don't recal if it is on the DLS.
If I get a hold of your route I may roll it back 30 years to when both WP and SP were there. If you go to San Jose, I may add Oakland to it, but that may still be a bit much for me. Just the Oakland yard scares me.

Last edited:
ALL RIGHT!
:udrool:
If I thought I would do a good job of it, I would have done that route. I have done a compressed version of Niles Canyon in my Niles Hinton and Wichester (on the DLS). I have done preliminary planning for Stocton to Oakland via Livermore but realized it was too much for me.
An attempt of this route was made before called something like Altamont Express. I don't recal if it is on the DLS.
If I get a hold of your route I may roll it back 30 years to when both WP and SP were there. If you go to San Jose, I may add Oakland to it, but that may still be a bit much for me. Just the Oakland yard scares me.

I am planning on eventually making it to san jose (I love the valley scenery)......
Just a thought, but imagine this going all the way to sacramento, the having capitol corridor service:udrool: ....... haha, at this moment its a pipe dream.....
If and when this is finnished, Ill be happy to let you do the oakland yards......but.... you have to let me model jack london square:hehe: .... its my all time favorite strech of track.......

Altamont Commuter Express

KUID: 162187:1006 on the DLS

Cheers

AJ

Yup, Ive got it........ Its the first route I downloaded when I got the game (that and the ACE f40ph)....... Boy, that f40 has got to be getting lonely on the DLS all alone "hint":hehe: joking.... i look forward to your bombardier cars reskin AJ...

your route inspired me to make my own, just with my own perception of the area... (everyone has a different veiw, right?)....

Good day

Nick

Oakland's E 14th street always scared me! :eek:
Really? If you look at my files, your going to see about ten close attempts at modeling it:hehe: ...

Anyway, I thought that I would bring ups ome industry pictures. These are of the sewage treatment plant, just west of Tracy. The texturing still needs work, but its pretty good for ten minutes of work.

Screen_335.jpg

Screen_334.jpg

Screen_337.jpg

Heres a close up of my ACE mok-up (AJ_FOX's ACE F40 of course)
Screen_336.jpg

Bump time.

My rework of AJ Fox's Altamont Commuter Express is well under way. I have rolled it back to 1962 and extented it to Stockton, Milpitas and Hayward. There will be 14 portals to represent further traffic. Like ACE, it is compressed about 3 to 1. the 70+ miles from Stockton to Milpitas is compressed to 26 miles. It represents mostly the Southern Pacific and Western Pacific. The Santa Fe passes throught Stocton with the help of 2 portals. The Tidewater Southern and a couple of other shortlines will be represented.
Unfortunately "ACE" is off from a proper compass relationship by 90 degrees. As a result, so is my work which might make layout merges awkward.
If I like how it turns out and AJ approves, I may post it to the DLS.
It is being done in TS2009 using built in content only.

Anyone who wants to use any part or all of the route I made is welcome to it and has my permission to upload it. :)

Cheers

AJ

Really? If you look at my files, your going to see about ten close attempts at modeling it:hehe: ...

Anyway, I thought that I would bring ups ome industry pictures. These are of the sewage treatment plant, just west of Tracy. The texturing still needs work, but its pretty good for ten minutes of work.

I'll say, I had to hold my nose while looking at the first screenshot :hehe:

Back