Wanted - traction railroad loco & track

philskene

(Mods - the images that follow might be 1024 pixels wide, but they are highly compressed, to less than 90KB, to minimize bandwidth.)

Hi --

In the early to mid-1900s North American Traction Railroads came in all shapes and sizes, were electrically powered with a grimy run-down industrial appearance, like this:

DTC_pic01.jpg

DTC_pic02.jpg

DTC_pic03.jpg

DTC_pic04.jpg

DTC_pic05.jpg

Those who find some appeal in my more recent routes (IndustRail, HarborMaster) should have an immediate affinity with this type of railroading. They certainly appeal to me and so I have some preliminary thoughts for a new route, tentatively named "Downtown Traction Company".

I've searched the Download Station without success for suitable locomotives and track. The track, in particular, must be low-poly with irregular ties.

If anybody can assist I'd be most grateful.

Phil

Awwww, Phil, This is the type of model RRing and Trainz RR I have wanted to model for a long time, but find few if any assets.

Many years ago there was an article in Model Railroader about an O guage traction line and I spent many nights dreaming.

To think of all the traction lines that were junked out in the name of "progress" that cities like Seattle are now spending Billions of $$$ to try and replace.

Thanks Goodyear, GM and Standard Oil:(

Gotta love traction.

Hi, Phil -

There are a couple of boxcab electrics on the dls; one L&PS and the other CN. Grogstop65 had a small generic motor but I don't know if he released it to the general public.

I am trying to convince Jaleel to release a small switching motor that he made for me. Could be soon.

Other than that, we'll wait to see what tume does. Or the rest of you talented creator-types.

Boco

I'd love a B & C motor. I have a Suydam brass model if you needs pics and also drawings.

:D

Boco

Taurus wants to know railline of second picture

Hey Taurus that paticular locomotive (or power car ?) was run on the Sacramento Northern. Locomotives on the DLS that come close are the
Ee_3_3_dirty by locovapeur, kuid2:182970:134:1.
Also CNR boxcab by whitepass, kuid2:58422:20:1. Now the only thing I did to the CNR Boxcab was switch out the interior to kuid:-10:168. A built in interior for the SAR/SAS 6E1 it has the controls on the right side and matches the typical internal Boxcab layout pretty well.

Best Regards,
Gato Rail

Back