GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

For the love of god can we get back to the topic.

MLHRuDx.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten

Man you just can't survive without trying to rip off other people's stuff huh, Logan?

That driver looks mighty similar to this one from the T1 trust, and funny how you showed the driver set that looks the least like the one you've "created." Their number 2 driver set looks pretty much exactly like what you've "built" aside from three holes that would be so easy to patch up in GIMP that a five year old could do it. Note the larger counterweight that is curved in a strikingly similar manner to the one in the shot that you have put up.

Make something yourself for a change dude, you aren't fooling anyone. If I cared enough I could probably find the exact source you nabbed it from, but nah I think you're already well on your way to a solid crash and burn.

train_image6.jpg

I'm sorry I just have trouble buying the whole package. You spontaneously and conveniently decide to switch to the exact program that the T1 trust used for its renders, and then conveniently render pretty much the exact same driver, conveniently rendered in the exact same way, with conveniently the exact same render settings, conveniently given to you by the person who actually created the original model (who's contact info, by all accounts, is extremely hard to find), all conveniently giving you a fresh start after a long and lengthy track record of stealing other people's work (granted, with a touch of modification from you to try and cover up the fact that the vast, vast majority of any model you make is not, in fact, yours). All very, shall we say, convenient?
The level of sniping on this thread ( and others such as train forge ) really sours the tone and the intent of the threads .I have a suggestion , why don't you just IGNORE The guys who either bug you for product you who you think are making bogus stuff . you are always saying how busy you are ....well think of all the spare time you would have to make models if you didn't indulge in these wordy and futile spats. :)

This camelback would be a great companion locomotive to the Blue Comet. Aside from the Reading 4-4-0 and 0-6-0 camelbacks available on the DLS and Jointed Rail respectively, Worksim also made a Baltimore and Ohio connie.

Just built a new wheel in an hour and 45 minutes. Now I'll be texturing it. I'll show you how I did it.

Step 1, Main wheel built in Autocad first.
Spoked_wheel_build_part_1.jpg

Spoked_wheel_build_part_2.jpg

Step 2, Export the model into 3ds Max and get it UV Mapped.
Spoked_wheel_build_part_3.jpg

Step 3, Open up Substance painter and import your mesh into the scene.
Spoked_wheel_build_part_4.jpg

Step 4, Add your Painted Steel texture base on and make it black.
Spoked_wheel_build_part_5.jpg

Step 5, adjust the roughness/height of the metal.
Spoked_wheel_build_part_6.jpg

Step 6, Render it and I'm done.
Spoked_wheel_build_Final.jpg

Last edited:
Right,

All the things I post in this thread are not intended to wind up in Trainz.
For one, I haven't got the "right stuff" to be texturing, importing, or script-writing; I just don't think I'd do it justice.
The biggest reason I post the things I'm working on in this thread is to advertise what I'm working on, that way if anyone wants the CAD file to import it into whatever simulator they want, they can.
(Also, I'm a show-off).

Secondly, I don't understand why everyone bashes AutoCAD for modeling...
It's literally the easiest way to model, if you have any kind of engineering background.
Working with Solids rather than Meshes and Surfaces makes an incredible difference.
Sure, the rendering / materials engine is a bit gammin', and you don't have any way to animate, but hey, that's what 3DSMax is for!

Thirdly, Logybear commissioned me to make a start on a model of AT&SF #3751 back in November of last year.
That's where he got the driving wheel from.
If there is any defects in the model I made for him compared to the real thing, it's because I did the entire thing from whatever photo's I could dig from the net.
That, and I'm just an Aussie Weaboo and have no idea what I'm doing I guess.

This is how far I got with the model that Logybear commissioned me to draw of the ATSF loco.

2070ygx.jpg

Meanwhile; More progress on the Q.

154ybly.jpg

Hate to see the forums go wobbly-legged like this over a simple case of mistaken identity.

So, in the wise words of WAR - "Why can't we be friends?"

Cheers,

Back