GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Its been a while. One of these days, I'll see one of these models I build in a Trainz edition. Meanwhile, something a little more contemporary compared to my past models. I've been procrastinating with work, and managed to build this up from scratch from this morning.

40108705414_246991b9b8_o.jpg

39007537480_8618c5bee3_o.jpg

A Nippon Sharyo-built LRV for Los Angeles County MTA circa 1989 (and for a concept project that I have in mind).

Last edited:
After a long hiatus I'm getting back into the swing of things:

Zk6NOmC.png

There does seem to be a slight issue though, namely the entire boiler is missing... Is that important for steam locomotives or can I just ignore that?

og1WHtr.jpg

After a long hiatus I'm getting back into the swing of things:

There does seem to be a slight issue though, namely the entire boiler is missing... Is that important for steam locomotives or can I just ignore that?
No, you can ajust it simply by changing it's name from ''steam'' locomotive to ''seam'' locomotive so that makes the fix really quick ;)

Just curious as to if thats a fictional 2-8-2 or a prototype. I ask because of the 3 dome. I know ones a sand dome and the other is a steam dome. But the third?

As for me. The engines done. Just got a few patches on the tender mesh to fix then add rivets and arn and a texture library for both.
8iXyV3K.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious as to if thats a fictional 2-8-2 or a prototype. I ask because of the 3 dome. I know ones a sand dome and the other is a steam dome. But the third?

This locomotive is a amalgamation of UP, DM&IR and USRA prototypes, and it is fictional. It's designed or my fictional railroad, the Minnesota and Northern. The 3 domes was taken from the UP MK series, the 3rd one is possibly another sand dome. Not entirely sure though.

Ah gotcha. Never seen a steamer with 3 domes before. Granted I have really looked up UP steam before.

Heres my amalgamation. Need to adjust some piping.
jfPIKcz.jpg

This my T&E 2-8-2 with different parts.

Look on the bright side. No boiler means no mandated 15 yr inspection lol

But seriously. Its looking good. If the boiler dont export. I wonder if its flipped?

With the Boiler being the only thing that didn't export, my first guess is the normals are flipped backwards. But at the same time, if that were the only issue you'd be able to see the other side of the boiler through where the near side should be. Chance, loving your 2-8-2, somewhat reminds me of my K-6, obviously not the same though. lol

Just to keep my post on-topic, I shall include the last render of the K-6 I did before the hard drive decided to go kersplat. (fingers crossed for data recovery)
charleston__asheville__and_louisville_k6_mikado_by_7822foxcotemanor-dc5zjyc.jpg

-Ben

UP steam was always a little different, and thats the same thing that i like so much about GN steamers. Nice shots Trainman, that modded 2-8-2 is looking nice. Sometimes i wonder if its just me, but does having an Elesco feedwater heater on that one somehow make it look more 'balanced' in a way? Then again i kinda have a soft spot for that setup on steamers, it always did look nice and gave them a rather formidable appearance.

Trainman7616, daylightrain:

3 domes is quite common. Our loco in town, a Baldwin built engine used at an iron company and quarry has 3 domes. Sand, steam, and another smaller sand dome. This is for increased traction. Strasburg 90 had 3 domes before 1988. It is quite common on shortline engines. For example, in the state of Minnesota (where the DM&IR and D&NE) operated, there were 9 locos with 3 domes, out of nearly 40. 1 in 10, essentially.

Saturnr

Last edited:
Back