GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

image0.png

@spresley1515:
Great to see the MILW EP2 in here ...

@all:
As more seasonal rolling stock and struktures but above all special needed buildings will be created for the MILW by the community, as more I can concentrate myself in route creation :)

As I created my MILW Bipolar, I thought also that the bogey will be difficult to modellize. But eventually it became clear that there are more repeated parts at the bogey as I previously recongnized.
So it should be less complicated than you may now think.
:)

Yeah, I've noticed that after looking at some close up pictures. Without a doubt before I finish this I will go visit E2 in St. Louis and get some reference pictures. I am aware that all the EP-2s were rebuilt, but the trucks and plow seem to be mostly the same, and hopefully the cab will be since E2 is the only way I can pictures like that.

That sounds like a good plan :)
Enjoy the museum also by watching all the other exhibits. I which I could visit that museum too - besides some other RR locations. But it would be a quite expensive visit for me, as I would have to travel all the way from Germany :)

Yeah, modeling them is going to be a nightmare for me, but I am excited to test out some ways to make it all one unit

I don't know about @tume, but on mine I built center cab and one hood with odd/even scripting to put different details on the second hood for each full locomotive. Not a very satisfactory solution (caused confusion with some users even after ironing out the script problems). Eager to see how how you do making it all one permanently articulated unit, as it should be!

Well, as I created my version many years ago (still not really finished), I was not too familiar with scripting. So I created front-hood, middle-part and back-hood as three assets which could be combined by the users. In addition to this I would have created a consist-asset so that the users would not need to assemble the loco manually.
May there are now possibilities to deal with articulated locos and streetcars and so on in a more comfortable way, but I would not spend too much time to find it out, as I am quite fine with the way I described above.

Back