GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

First of all, the correct version has it hallow, just like the drawings of the real Boxpok Driver. And second, It's still very early in development.
test.jpg

First of all, the correct version has it hallow, just like the drawings of the real Boxpok Driver. And second, It's still very early in development.
[/
test.jpg
QUOTE]
Like I previously said to Daylightrain, a good piece of content is one that has taken months to build. But, Logy, that's a good start.

Last edited:
See the thing is though, a good piece of content takes months to build yes, unless you're Trainman7616 and you don't sleep, but when you spend those months building a single wheel in a modeling program with no native exporters for either Trainz or Railworks, then it ends up taking longer than it should and you'll burn yourself out. You don't need to model each individual cavity on your drive wheels, no one is going to see that or if they do that's so many excessive polys it's not even reasonable. Also, I'd greatly reduce the number of sides to your wheel because that is way too round. I'm not saying a lot of detail is bad, but remember Railworks is a 32 bit program and is mostly powered off the CPU so if you overload your model with excessive detail like that expect bad performance.

[FONT=&quot]Almost finished with the Heavy Driver, just need to add the steel tire and the bolt heads on the counterweight.
[/FONT]
SP_GS-3_Main_Driver_WiP.jpg
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

That is outstanding sumitsingh!

More from the Empire.
Conveyex.jpg

Might have to figure something else out for the 'Drive' system. Not sure how well tracks will animate in Trainz.

Yeah, did a search and read about that. The more I critically think about that thing, the more it doesn't make sense anyway. 'Ion drive' and yet incredibly complex and maintenance intense tank tracks? At 50mph? On a mono rail like transport vehicle?

What about magnets for pete's sake? Surely they have those in the Galactic Empire. Dark magnets maybe, but magnets none the less.

Yeah, did a search and read about that. The more I critically think about that thing, the more it doesn't make sense anyway. 'Ion drive' and yet incredibly complex and maintenance intense tank tracks? At 50mph? On a mono rail like transport vehicle?

What about magnets for pete's sake? Surely they have those in the Galactic Empire. Dark magnets maybe, but magnets none the less.

The concept of a Star Wars vehicle in Trainz is hilarious tbh

Being able to haul coaxium around the planet Vandor-1 is a very serious matter.

IMHO, not any different than hauling 'passengers' or 'freight' around Planet Auran with pfx/twinkles emitting locomotives.

Not to sound too nerdy here but the monorail in Solo always interested me considering they already made trains in Star Wars before that didn't have tracks, they just ran through these gate structures that kept them going in the right direction. Very interesting.

Not to sound too nerdy here but the monorail in Solo always interested me considering they already made trains in Star Wars before that didn't have tracks, they just ran through these gate structures that kept them going in the right direction. Very interesting.

< Insert The Imperial March music here >

@ crazytrain I am your father.

Last edited:
Back