GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Regarding T&T: check the headlight, safety valve turret, smokestack and driver size. Not a bad guess though.
Regarding Sierra 3, IC 382 or V&T 25: Check any major details on the engine, or the fact that I've already built the 25. 27 is a better guess, but again, check the headlight, safety valve turret, smokestack and driver size.
I'll give some hints: it's Baldwin (which should be evident by looking at it but I know some folks aren't as practiced in their builders), it's not famous, it's not preserved, and it wasn't built with knuckle couplers.

Probably wrong with this guess, but...

The round builder's plate on the side of the smokebox makes me think that it's a Baldwin engine. Larger drivers means it may be intended for passenger service. As for the roadname, I'm guessing Great Northern?

I was thinking it might be Union Pacific 1243,but that isn't a Baldwin,although it might be a Baldwin built UP T-57,I am pretty sure I'm wrong. Unless it's a late-era Central Pacific locomotive? There is that it could be a YVRR locomotive,but I don't think they had ten wheeler's... Or maybe,just maybe it's V&T 26? These are guesses,I'm likely to be very wrong.

I did say it wasn't surviving, so 1243 would be right out. GN's locos of this time period were largely using Belpaire fireboxes, and SP/CP's were using acetylene headlights, with the vast majority being ordered as Vauclain compounds to boot. 26 had a capped stack.
The loco now only needs a few details to be complete, so I'll see if you have some more insight here. Hint: the patent for this particular coupler was held by the road that owned this loco, so no other roads had permission to use it.
A9F2C46B64343E423C7880F7E263124A5EAFACAA

Last edited:
Yeah, sounds about right. I did actually check that beforehand, so half-expected it to go that route right away. Still kept people running for a good couple days, though...:hehe:

SBB Ae 3/6 II Führerstand

Still a few details missing...

64977130_2749543598421454_5667322910302273536_o.jpg

The big wheel is only there to illustrate the use of the shaft in the middle of the console. Normally it would be stowed inside, only to be mounted in case the 17 step electrical throttle (the little wheel) suffered a failure.

SBB Ae 3/6 II Fürherstand continued.

More old school stuff. Screenshots from 3DS Max.

65049798_2753306388045175_7091350017717305344_o.jpg

65764470_2753306398045174_2752061889037991936_o.jpg

The scales on three of the four gauges are placeholders. Another funny thing about Swiss railways is the fact that the locomotives are bilingual. In this case the signage in cab 1 is in German and in cab 2 it is French.

More old school stuff. Screenshots from 3DS Max.

The scales on three of the four gauges are placeholders. Another funny thing about Swiss railways is the fact that the locomotives are bilingual. In this case the signage in cab 1 is in German and in cab 2 it is French.

Amazing work Jörgen!!

Some LIRR P-72 I’ve been working on recently, all i gotta do is check for doubles and bake. (Also make for last minute changes). Not gonna do bogies because I’m not really experienced in that area yet
untitled.png

Last edited:
Back