GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

I keep getting closer, and then I keep moving the goalposts!

8c8de7e043419b05f0d4f3a679ea1db6.png

Been away for a awhile, nice projects everyone they are looking good!

Also been staying busy, working on some more crossings as usual...still got a few more things to do yet.

Very nice! Certainly a nice addition to fill the void.

@Don, it’s in New York State!

Last edited:
I keep getting closer, and then I keep moving the goalposts!

Man isnt that the truth man we could had had a touch down about 800 yards ago but you wanted to run back and get a safety
X'D

No seriously though Jackson quit grabbing the goal posts and running with them, just make them steppingstones along the milestones of creation.
:D

Been away for a awhile, nice projects everyone they are looking good!

Also been staying busy, working on some more crossings as usual...still got a few more things to do yet.
842ce00eecee91a3c09fb8160f05e620.jpg

Cheers All,

-Andrew
wow great job on the railroad crossing gates. This is exactly what I need for my IRM route. Keep up the good work on it.

While surely not as pretty as everyone else's creations, I present my in-progress K-6 mikado. Sorry about the odd screenshot upload thingy, but fsr Blender refuses to actually render.

-Ben

Hi Ben --

Not as pretty. Do you mean the locomotive or the screen shot?

If the latter it looks great to me. If the former -- well, I really like the "not as pretty" steam locomotives. In fact, the less pretty, dirtier and grimy the better.

Phil

I spent the last 45 mins waiting for this render, I think it turned out ok! The rods are not all positioned correctly BC I was half way through animating and forgot to set them back to the right place, and there is still plenty of work to be done. (It may look empty under the boiler, but that's probably because the drivers, motion, and cylinders haven't been added to the opposite side yet. lol)

-Ben

I spent the last 45 mins waiting for this render, I think it turned out ok! The rods are not all positioned correctly BC I was half way through animating and forgot to set them back to the right place, and there is still plenty of work to be done. (It may look empty under the boiler, but that's probably because the drivers, motion, and cylinders haven't been added to the opposite side yet. lol)

(picture removed for conservation of bandwidth)

-Ben

Thats a really really high boiler for a 2-8-2.

That boiler's extremely high set!

Ben, are you basing that Mikado design off the Southern USRA Heavy Mikados (Ms-4) or C&O K2/K2a/K3 Mikados?

http://southernmodeler.info/Hundman.htm has a number of drawing for the Southern Ms-1 & Ms-4 Mikados.

Also, just a suggestion for either you or Trainman7616 - Have either of you considered making a generic USRA Light/Heavy Mikado? The Bdaneal example, while still reasonable is starting to age a bit. Perhaps a treatment similar to the 2-10-2's that Trainman made with the toggleable options? Remember just a suggestion, not a demand!

That boiler's extremely high set!

Ben, are you basing that Mikado design off the Southern USRA Heavy Mikados (Ms-4) or C&O K2/K2a/K3 Mikados?

http://southernmodeler.info/Hundman.htm has a number of drawing for the Southern Ms-1 & Ms-4 Mikados.

Also, just a suggestion for either you or Trainman7616 - Have either of you considered making a generic USRA Light/Heavy Mikado? The Bdaneal example, while still reasonable is starting to age a bit. Perhaps a treatment similar to the 2-10-2's that Trainman made with the toggleable options? Remember just a suggestion, not a demand!

I was gonna make a Toggle mesh 2-8-2 but not sure if theres any interest in it.

Last edited:
Back