GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Looks fantastic! Is this a model of one of those early ATSF articulated beasts?
Its a UP Harriman 2-8-8-2.

Also I looked at that chart Zec. My 2-8-2 has 94,000, and my 0-4-0 has 120,000 polys. But....
kcPj7zuk_o.png

With 600,000+ polys, my 0-6-0 is going to have to be rebuilt....
A very big thank you Zec for the chart....
:hehe:

Last edited:
Like Heinrich I think it is too shiny. It looks a little too much like a plastic model railroad locomotive. Dirt and grime would certainly improve the appearance -- but I know from my own experience that it's damn hard to do.

There is this guide:

http://www.3dtrains.com/guides/painting/

Good luck!

Phil

Dundun92,
Very nice! Both versions look really sharp.

Had to look up the saddletank version. That was apparently the A3a - didn't know PRR had them. Ya learn something every day.

Really cool looking versions. :cool:

Heinrich505

Yes thank you. The saddleback drawing happened to be right above the regular one on the book... they had the same tender, frame, and wheels, so I decided at the last moment to just make them both...

Your teasing of your work is really getting to be something I look forward too :hehe: And then ya went and put PRR on one of them . Really ........... :D Fantastic work , keep um coming :cool:

Matt

Thank you Matt! Really glad people are enjoying it. I don't intend or want to tease though....:hehe:

Also the detail on that coupler and chassis, AJ, is stunning to me. Good job.

Here's my hudson at 30,000 polys currently.
EcczEgQ5_o.jpg

WjY0mJSW_o.jpg

Last edited:
TRS19_2020-09-23_22-20-19-497.png

I don't plan on releasing my things anytime soon atm.
But here's the Amfleets ingame! Also made a cafe car if anyone's wondering

Awesome ATSF Hudson! Will you also be making the Blue Goose?

That one is more difficult to model, and my hands are full at the moment. I would have to check my blueprints again.

Also I probably will not be importing these models into Trainz myself. I was hired into NARM for a pure 3d modeling/animation role, and they have other people who can do that better than I could. 3d modeling is what I love and it's what I'm good at. :)

More progress, and I think this is the correct Walschaerts Valve Gear now:
https://youtu.be/sy8Yui6iH3Y
gME4qwho_o.gif

Last edited:
Back