GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

unknown.png

Base model of EMD Series

unknown.png

Last edited:
What it currently looks like. To do list as of time of me writing this.
Model the exhaust port of the second engine (these cars had two engine generator sets fitted!)
Make the windows look more like grilles (Probably using a texture because the poly count is already hideous!)
Model those metal tunnel roundels.
Convert the default sketchup materials all into standard textures so that when exported it can be rendered properly.
I've already managed to get it appearing in-game. Once I done all of the above I will then work on adding additional attachment points for things like bluestar couplers.
WIP-project.png

I see you are having a bit of bother with this, I suspect that the default mesh is the one that should contain your attachment points:

{
mesh "att.im"
auto-create 1
}

shadow
{
mesh "shadow.im"
auto-create 0
}

body
{
mesh "gencoach.im"
auto-create 1

What it currently looks like. To do list as of time of me writing this.
Model the exhaust port of the second engine (these cars had two engine generator sets fitted!)
Make the windows look more like grilles (Probably using a texture because the poly count is already hideous!)
Model those metal tunnel roundels.
Convert the default sketchup materials all into standard textures so that when exported it can be rendered properly.
I've already managed to get it appearing in-game. Once I done all of the above I will then work on adding additional attachment points for things like bluestar couplers.
WIP-project.png

I see you are having a bit of bother with this, I suspect that the default mesh is the one that should contain your attachment points:

{
mesh "att.im"
auto-create 1
}

shadow
{
mesh "shadow.im"
auto-create 0
}

body
{
mesh "gencoach.im"
auto-create 1

You're correct but it has to be done that way due to the lack of the ability to create attachment points from within Sketchup. I guess you saw me asking for assistance over on the British Trainz Forum?

Yes, there may be other issues but I'd advise always having the mesh with attachments as default. Your body mesh can hang off it as shown in my reply.

Hi everyone. Today is quite of my big shift I try hard to work through. I've mange to make my first asset I did through blender! (Well, almost...) :D
This is my first set of 60s/70s British concrete lamp post as in surveyor:

My-First-Street-Lamp-Asset.-%28TBU%29.jpg

I have to post those images to the Trainz gallery (Trainzportal) in order to post it there... I did quite manage to figure it out to add a night mesh... one small problem is the light pool texture (corona) looks a bit dark and faded as I struggle to find out how to make it brighter. :eek:

...Although%2C-might-need-to-brighten-it-up-a-bit..jpg

Be grateful if anyone give me a hint to help me would be appreciated and help to get it done quicker...

For now I tried hard to make this asset and Hopefully once all this sorted I'll be happy to upload it on DLC for everyone to download... and I hope I've done it right as that!
Anyway, what do you think of this model? :)

TWY At Work!
Also let me know If where my post should go, I'm to good at where the best place to post or reply to the thread, as I have experience with many threads.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm looking for people who would be interested in completing some work that I started, I have +4o models that I need help completing. The models are mostly complete and will require texturing and configuration. They consist of Steam, vintage coaches and an EMU. I'm willing to pay a fair price for your work, PM me if you would be interested or know anyone who would.

Back