GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

U50-SP-2.jpg

Here's a head on shot
35132850_2025543920820502_6923431863188979712_n.jpg

Oh I see, TANE is ahead of Train Simulator in handling more polycounts.
I have a RailRight's Class 40 which gives dump error sometime.
Shame on DTG as they can not make the game 64bits. :(

Actually, I'm using the amount of detail put into the AP Class 40 as inspiration for mine. Of course there is not much detail yet, but I hope to cover each and every variation of the Blue and Green era.

However with a loco with that many minor body differences, including 5 different headcode patterns of the same era, I can't use body textures in each asset, that's 2 x 2048x2048 textures for each of 30+ variations! I may have to make a base asset with changeable nose ends, optional vents, plated footsteps, etc. to keep the texture count low.

But for your loco projects I can't imagine you doing that considering that each Indian Rail loco runs into the 1000's and each and every shed seems to want to do their own minor tweaks and of course, liveries!

Due to a vast variety of rolling stocks in Indian Railways, there is no need to make each variety of stock. The famous one can be worked out.
Here is a video I found on Internet, which I had planned to make in future -
YDM4 had many sheds like Lumding, Sabarmati, MHOW, Izatnagar etc. YDM4 was a unique successful Meter Gauge Locomotive.
I am waiting for TRS19 so that many new features of graphics can be implemented on the Locomotive.

I had exported YDM4 MHOW to RailWorks and it looks horrible because of old graphics engine and no support to dedicated environmental mapping.

Last edited:
An emigrant car, I'm assuming? It looks fantastic.
With 26 in game, I decided to revise my other two engines to match her. 21 was no problem - mostly a couple details, feature, and material updates. 23, well, she had a bit of a scaling issue, so I've had to take things back to the drawing board.
yvrr_23_by_trainboi-dcef5ss.png

Now that she's got the correct driver size and wheelbase, rebuilding her should be a cakewalk.

What is the best modeling system that I can get? I was wanting to try and make the Japanese Class 7100 steam locomotive.

Back