GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

GE U18C a.k.a. CC201 in Indonesia. Missing Project.
17361678_1220966501355617_5622257614080015569_n.jpg

A bit of a sugar theme lately with a World War One twist; my recent exploits into 3DS Max by creating EX WD Hunslet #4 WIP which was owned by the Bingera Sugar Mill (Gibson & Howes), this is now preserved at the Australian War Memorial.
Bingera%20Hunslet%20-%20GH%20Cane_zpsoa4bzwwn.jpg

Last edited:
A bit of a sugar theme lately with a World War One twist; my recent exploits into 3DS Max by creating EX WD Hunslet #4 WIP which was owned by the Bingera Sugar Mill (Gibson & Howes), this is now preserved at the Australian War Memorial.
Bingera%20Hunslet%20-%20GH%20Cane_zpsoa4bzwwn.jpg

Looks good mate. Will it be baked?

You all have awesome skillz. In fact, it hurts my eyes its so awesome. But...
Need a Tree?
Note: This is a blender-render. If I decide to go any farther into this area then I will improve texturing and such. Might animate it too... This took me a whole 25 min . However, I only created this just to expand my horizons a bit. After this is back to the 9000s and the FEFs. The SpeedTree program was not used to create this.
d4f7ac53afb61998f5117ecd2a15725d.jpg

Looking Good there Trainz89.... just wondering if you have any QR rollingstock that you might be releasing soon. I have seen some screenshots of quite a few items (ie. lander, SE Carriages) and wondering where you are with them. I have the west of Brisbane to Chinchilla route I am working on and some of these items would look great on there. If you can advise what and when you plan on releasing them I may get part of the route uploaded (parts of the route are nearly ready to upload).

Looking Good there Trainz89.... just wondering if you have any QR rollingstock that you might be releasing soon. I have seen some screenshots of quite a few items (ie. lander, SE Carriages) and wondering where you are with them. I have the west of Brisbane to Chinchilla route I am working on and some of these items would look great on there. If you can advise what and when you plan on releasing them I may get part of the route uploaded (parts of the route are nearly ready to upload).

Hi Mark,

I do have a backlog of items that require release but I am on half speed at present due to an ageing computer, and I am awaiting my Alienware Gaming Laptop which is a few weeks away. Until I receive said laptop, when I can run TANE without my current computer shutting down randomly during Trainz which is frustrating when working on your routes - then I shall commence BETA Testing and creating the final product before release. I am presently backing up everything in case of failure, as I have some meshes that I hate to lose.

PM myself further, and I can forward some items that I have on my hard-drive for BETA.

Regards,

Michael G.

You all have awesome skillz. In fact, it hurts my eyes its so awesome. But...
Need a Tree?
Note: This is a blender-render. If I decide to go any farther into this area then I will improve texturing and such. Might animate it too... This took me a whole 25 min . However, I only created this just to expand my horizons a bit. After this is back to the 9000s and the FEFs. The SpeedTree program was not used to create this.
Would love to see new lines of high quality trees made for Trainz

Would love to see new lines of high quality trees made for Trainz

Hmm...
If memory serves, I remember seeing a post where somebody had created a really cool forest scene with high speed Amtrak trains going through it. I also remember reading somewhere in the post that he was not quite satisfied with the trees... I might actually consider creating a few trees...

fts_by_trainboi-db3fgcg.png

A little project...not sure what all details I should add (I've been doing a lot of normal mapping on diesels as a rule) but certainly they're going to need full interiors, and lucky the operator's manual is online. Can't wait to have these heading the 1947 Prospector, it'll be lovely.

Further progression on the Hudswell Clarke.

Amazing 0-6-0T Removed

That looks amazing. I attempted to commission "Homebush" the 1914 Hudswell Clarke and her toastracks, but it ended in a refund and nothing else similar has ever come, I am very excited for this, a nice Queensland sugar 0-6-0.

That looks amazing. I attempted to commission "Homebush" the 1914 Hudswell Clarke and her toastracks, but it ended in a refund and nothing else similar has ever come, I am very excited for this, a nice Queensland sugar 0-6-0.

More progress on my 2ft CSR Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0.

Hudswell%20Clarke%20WIP_zpssyt9r9ph.jpg

As yes; Victoria Mills Hudswell Clarke 'Homebush' - I will be doing her and her toastrack carriages. She is the last operational Hudswell on the Queensland Mill system that operates cane trains, and hauls the traditional first crush of the season. Shame to hear your commission never eventuated, but as the old saying goes; Never Rely on a goat to walk itself to Market; have the Goat be leashed to the Market"

Regards,

M.G

I'm on the home stretch for the ALCO USRA 0-6-0. I finally managed to get the animated bell mesh to load into Trainz, however it's still moving in Railyard. That said if anyone could give me some help on scripting and animated assets, it'd be greatly appreciated. Aside from that the only thing left to do on this engine and its tender are finish up the textures and then I'll need a beta tester or two before releasing it to the public. For those wondering the locomotive sits at almost 40k polys so there's a lot of detail into this model.

fa58e2477a55466cae2fc321281d117f.png

Back