GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

A further update on my Queensland Railways NG B15 Converted for TANE. A big job is ahead with the tubing, crown stays and grate. Until then....
QR_B15_Screenshot.jpg

Regards,

M.G

This is a old model of WGACCW which is actually a VESTIBULED AIR CONDITIONED TWO TIER WITH SELF GENERATING ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENTThese were replaced by Indian Railways with models of big glasses. :D
43201140841_0762b7193c_o.png

That is quite a work of art there, unusual for a coach to have that equipment but very interesting to hear that there was that kind of equipment used on passenger cars.

This is the first screenshot I'm confident in posting, as Skookum (yes, she may come to Trainz if I can bother myself to finish her frames) is not very far in its modeling. This is Ohio Public Service #21, built in 1905 and preserved by the Ohio Railway Museum in 1939. I need to do the interior of the car and some underframe details and then I can start texturing on her.
cd31aea3154891d6a7177ab7ed63d84d.png

Last edited:
Yes, these were equipped with these machines so that they can self generate the required electricity.
Although a non self generating version was also there and was powered by END ON Generation Cars provided at both ends in premium trains like Rajdhani Express and Shatabadi Express.

Indian Railways Class WDS4D.
W - Broad ( 1676mm Gauge )
D - Diesel
S - Shunter
4B - Version
This is one of the oldest shunter.
Mostly found at Delhi and Mumbai region.
Now most of the have been scrapped.  
42306298175_8ca8c3684f_o.png

Finally finished with the exterior, now going to start on the internals. This car (remember its from 1905) has a toilet! It's got three sections, the baggage/operator compartment, smoker, and a main passenger section.
2546d276309353d5cc60e62788333e82.png

Ok, I will bite...what is the purpose of that thing on the front? Is it similar to a pilot guard?
If your talking about my interurban car, the thing on the front is called a "Basketweave" fender. In theory, it would scoop up any pedestrian who was in front of the car and not sustain any injuries. I doubt that it was very effective, considering the motorman has only a couple of iron bars keeping him from being crushed by luggage. They weren't very safety critical back in those days...
Anyways, here's another render (improved quality over the last one)
03386205344265ceb9739fff602212bf.png

Working on enhancing the VIA Dinner Car. Managed to learn a new way to export GMAX models into 3ds max then into blender, all while keeping the original emptys used for bogeys and such.

vz650Al.png

and a more close up look at the current enhanced detail

XOzzIQx.png

Working on enhancing the VIA Dinner Car. Managed to learn a new way to export GMAX models into 3ds max then into blender, all while keeping the original emptys used for bogeys and such.

and a more close up look at the current enhanced detail

Befor anyone wines Hes allowed to do it!

Befor anyone wines Hes allowed to do it!
I think it's great that Zeldaboy14 is updating them, but I just wonder when it'd be better to just start with making a new model. That car is what, over ten years old? Remaking it like that is great, don't get me wrong, but I'm just interested now in what everyone thinks about doing an update to an old piece of content instead of creating a new one...
Zeldaboy14, it looks great so far! Hoping you can make it so that all the textured on details pop out literally. When it's just plastered on it doesn't feel right to me, but what do I know anyways? Good luck on getting that car back into shape!

Very understandable! He wants to update the set its up to James I wont stop hem. I been updating outdated models but have to plans to reless them.

crazytrain, that SD-40 looks amazing! Nice job with cramming in all the main details ;) Hope to see more of your ICG fleet soon!

Back