GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Downtown of Tombstone, Arizona, 1881: Allen & 4th streets intersection
tombstone_az_1881_allen4th_intersection_by_colorado1871-dcn558b.jpg

Looks good. I've not considered doing buildings all together like that, are you intending to keep them as one asset, export each block individually, or separate out the buildings?
I've been working on Skookum in what time I have, which isn't much. Latest are the injectors and some detail work in the cab.
little_river_126_by_trainboi-dcn53yy.png

Looks good. I've not considered doing buildings all together like that, are you intending to keep them as one asset, export each block individually, or separate out the buildings?
I've been working on Skookum in what time I have, which isn't much. Latest are the injectors and some detail work in the cab.

Thank you. I'm intending to export them both together (as a model for those who want to retrace the old city of Tombstone, Az) and separate for those who want to use them to build any other Old Southwest town.

tombstone_az_1883_by_colorado1871-dcn7sah.jpg

If you still feel the gunsmoke in the nostrils, well, that's the place where Bill Clanton, McLaurys and the Earps shot at each others, near Fly's Boarding House, in the back side of OK Corral.
tombstone_az_1883a_by_colorado1871-dcn7sa9.jpg

That's a very nice locomotive, by the way.

Last edited:
Nice work! I started something similar for Reno several (*ahem*) years ago, but never got nearly as far as you. It's quite a job!!

Holy crap Amazing work Crazytrain i been waiting for some one to make that for a long time will this be ever coming out?

Appreciate the compliments everyone! As far as release, anything's possible. Started on a GP38-3 and ended up noticing some changes would be needed to both short noses/battery boxes.

Was going to do a CSX SD70ace, but they sold theirs. Bummer. So, It's NS CN SD70m-2s with the possibility of an ACE conversion for other railroads. These things have more nooks and crannies than anticipated.
sd70m-2-ace-wip.jpg

Incorrect trucks, for sure.

Not sure yet.

Just like I haven't decided on just how complex this model will be. Hope to keep it reasonably detailed, but not a total resource hog!
SD70M-2-Progress.jpg

Back