GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

LVT_4.png

Thanks btvfd and Eric and yes Eric it is kind of like a mow car it normally sits in front of wagons that lay out rail and inside the container should be a generator to run the lights and air thru the train, Well i think that is how it works lol.
Cheers Mick.:)

1967: English Electric, Rocklea (Brisbane, Queensland) - Queensland Railways 1620 class 60ton DEL. Identically similar to the NZR Di Class.
QR-English-Electric-1620.jpg

Thanks
Mick

These were a result of a personal challenge to myself when I learned Blender. After years of failing, I finally seen some success.
58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

Someday I'm going to find a use for these models.

Last edited:
maybe make them for those who would like them?
I would certainly love them. We seriously are lacking in older American road vehicles
If only I could get my Trainz Importer working with Blender

maybe make them for those who would like them?
I would certainly love them. We seriously are lacking in older American road vehicles
If only I could get my Trainz Importer working with Blender

Once I'm done with my railroad project, my plans are to dedicate my time to making road vehicles and roadway scenery. My favorite era for cars is from 1955 to 1970. I want to start by finishing the Chevy Impala line up to 1970. Then move to another vehicle make.

What importer are you trying to get to work and what version of Blender are you using?

Once I'm done with my railroad project, my plans are to dedicate my time to making road vehicles and roadway scenery. My favorite era for cars is from 1955 to 1970. I want to start by finishing the Chevy Impala line up to 1970. Then move to another vehicle make.

What importer are you trying to get to work and what version of Blender are you using?

i'm trying to get the one that's in the Trainz Wiki to work

I wonder if you could also do product versions of the vehicles for old autoracks

i'm trying to get the one that's in the Trainz Wiki to work

I wonder if you could also do product versions of the vehicles for old autoracks

Those are incompatible to each other. If it's the exporter that I think it is, you will need Blender 2.79. For the newer version of Blender you can export in the .fbx format. The latest 2.79 version is 2.79e

It will be up to other creators to make those car models into road traffic and products.

Air lines mostly in, started a bit on the cab interior as well. Smokebox inside is done however you can't exactly see that.
Looks amazing daylight. Do you mirror details from one side to the other?

Those are incompatible to each other. If it's the exporter that I think it is, you will need Blender 2.79. For the newer version of Blender you can export in the .fbx format. The latest 2.79 version is 2.79e

It will be up to other creators to make those car models into road traffic and products.
Actually I was able to export mine in 2.8x successfully. While the video uses 2.79, I transferred over what I could and it came out right in trainz. I don't have my export preset, but I can DM it to you later.

Last edited:
Actually I was able to export mine in 2.8x successfully. While the video uses 2.79, I transferred over what I could and it came out right in trainz. I don't have my export preset, but I can DM it to you later.

I believe he said he got the exporter from the Trainz wiki page. If that is the case, that is the old .im exporter which will need 2.79 to work. I no longer functions in the newer versions of Blender.

Back