GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Splendid to see some Hartwell locos. I love just under an hour from said line and always enjoy seeing local items.

Thanks for the compliments all.

Really not satisfied with either of them at this point. The handrail stanchions look like matchsticks, the grills on 3016 are uber goofy (bump map attempt/epic fail!), and the one foot plus diameter fuel filler on the 8396 is laughable to say the least. Sometimes rendering them, not looking at them for a couple of days and then coming back to 'em is a good way to critique your own work.

Proyecto Locomotoras MPS 600
601.jpg

604.jpg

:wave:

Amazing screenshots José, I like this locomotive.

Regards

Javier

Thanks for the compliments all.

Really not satisfied with either of them at this point. The handrail stanchions look like matchsticks, the grills on 3016 are uber goofy (bump map attempt/epic fail!), and the one foot plus diameter fuel filler on the 8396 is laughable to say the least. Sometimes rendering them, not looking at them for a couple of days and then coming back to 'em is a good way to critique your own work.

You're welcome! :)

Updated a few things on the other two and set them aside for now. Started work on an IAIS ES44AC. Kinda skipping all over the place, but it happens.

IAIS-ES44AC-wip.jpg

Having to do so much splicing and reshaping that there isn't any saving the previous uv mapping on it. Took the ET44AC and AC44CW and managed to weld parts of them together with a new rear section.

IAIS-ES44DC-2.jpg

IAIS-ES44AC-1.jpg

IAIS-ES44AC-2.jpg

Last edited:
The little beast it's alive ...
And very proud of the results after only two weeks of work on it in the spare times.
The smoke needs a bit of adjustment yet, it seems.
I think I lost my fears about Blender ...

That "little beast" looks super cool. What gauge is it?

It`s standard UIC 1.435 mm . It is about 7.44 meters long between buffers ( 24ft 5in ) .
Nippon Sharyo built in 1963 a batch of six "little" units ( 200 HP Cummins NH6 ) and only one survives working today.
Kawasaki built other batch of eight "big" units , basically a double one , with the same cab in central position and two identical capots powered by two engines ( 400 HP 2 x Cummins NH6 ) .

These are my next job , by the way.

Last edited:
My version of Waratah Railway Station which will have to be sunk into a narrow platform hence the gap between the doors and the bottom of the building :cool:.
render1.jpg

Cheers Mick.:)

Revans~ I believe the Iowa Interstate purchased part of a left over group ordered by CSX but not delivered. Not sure if they have the high adhesion software (the reason for the H designation) the CSX has on their units and thus the designation ES44AC.

*Edit: According to the sources I've found, they are heavier and have the high adhesion software installed.*

More detail work on the unit. Also starting to play around with the specular mapping that will go into the alpha channel of the normal texture, hopefully.

IAIS-ES44AC-3.jpg

SD38-2!
IAIS-SD38-2.jpg

Last edited:
IAIS 516
IAIS-516.jpg

Phases are hard. Handrails from the ET44AH model, flipped nose section (door on engineer's side), reworked radiator section and door grills. Still need to work on the area between the angled grills on the engineers side among other things, but it's coming along better than expected.

Back