GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

CPR_D10.png

Latest work on a rebuild of the NP A-2 4-8-4.

Drivers built using MasterCam and created with mesh optimization.
NP_A-2_4-8-4.jpg

How mesh is in process.
NP_A-2_4-8-4_WiP.jpg

Drivers built per drawings.
NP_Drivers.jpg

Thanks,
Logan Thurman

This model is a high fidelity model only. Sorry people with lower end computers.

This model is a high fidelity model only. Sorry people with lower end computers.

It looks like you’re modeling the boiler separate from the boiler jacket, that adds a lot of extra polys that are completely unnecessary and makes your model “high fidelity” on purpose. Building a good model for Trainz isn’t about how many polys you can add it’s how well you manage them. Also something called LOD exists for this very reason to take these high poly models and make them friendlier for lower spec PCs.

I'm building the boiler separately to help me guide the process of placing the boiler jacketing. And it's much easier when following not just the elevation drawing but the boiler drawing itself. A process that I picked up on in my manufacturing career. Also help from a friend of a different group. I'm cutting out the LOD and just doing one mesh and one mesh only.

Hawthorn Leslie & Co and Beyer Peacock ( design by Beyer Peacock ) 1921 to 1929 :

1200 HP
3 cylinders 30cm x 17cm (11 13/16 x 6 11/16 In ) Walschaerts
Total Weight 120 Ton ( 265.000 Lib )
Drag capacity 775 Ton

Fantastic work. You guys make it look so easy. How I wish I could do this, but at my age it doesn't seem likely.
smyers

Re Post #15032 Nice work Daylighttrain....what happened with the 4-6-0 ?

RE Post #15933 Looking good...is this a Disney locomotive ?

Rail4Pete

Not quite, though it's about the right size. What you're looking at there is the only narrow gauge 4-4-2 Baldwin ever built, for the Washington & Plymouth Railroad of North Carolina. Ran only from about 1892-1902 before the Norfolk & Southern (later to become the Norfolk Southern Railroad) purchased and upgraded the line to standard gauge.
Still plugging away pretty regularly...had just enough time this morning to do the injectors and coal bulkhead.
CPR_D10.png

Amazing work everyone!

Pulled this back out to do some rework on it. Needs Step well and pilot work like the GP25, not to mention flipping the side sill lettering. :D

BNSF-GP60b-Front.jpg

BNSF-GP60B-Back.jpg

Very nice work crazytrain .
Trainboi1 ...what a motivation weapon for keeping up working on Canadian route !...and USA route also ! In the poll made by N3V, steam and diesel were almost even in popularity
Regards,
Rail4Pete

Back