GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

hi, ...

Thanks for kindly Words Filippo and greetings from Germany to Italy.
;)
g'ice

11j4efn5c8wm.jpg

Last edited:
Well Im on vacation this week and I plan to spend the majority of it modeling in blender. I have wanted to do an updated version of my U30C and I started on it several weeks ago. Heres some updated renders. Im doing a u30c and a u33c at the same time since they are so close in body style to each other. The poly counts are quite low for now so most of what you see here can be given more detail. The handrails for example can be redone with more faces for the higher LOD levels.

Picture

Those U30Cs and U33Cs look great already. Will these be put on TPR when they are finished?

:cool: No doubt about it, gmax is a gamepack oriented software that has held it's own through the years since it's creation in the early 2000's.

If you Google gmax 1.2 you will see a community of thousand of content creators still out there creating cool things.

The limitations of lack of method for creating normal mapping has been overcome by powerful graphics software.

Texture mapping is also a challenge, made easier in 3ds Max.

Blender has evolved into a freeware dream for those that wish to use Blender.

Yes, gmax is still available and will be for quite awhile

No matter what freeware program is used, the successful content creators eventually wind up with 3ds Max

I am definitely thankful that Planet Auran invested in the creation of the Trainz Asset Creation Studio and selected Autodesk/Discreet gmax. :wave:

:cool: No doubt about it, gmax is a gamepack oriented software that has held it's own through the years since it's creation in the early 2000's.

If you Google gmax 1.2 you will see a community of thousand of content creators still out there creating cool things.

The limitations of lack of method for creating normal mapping has been overcome by powerful graphics software.

Texture mapping is also a challenge, made easier in 3ds Max.

Blender has evolved into a freeware dream for those that wish to use Blender.

Yes, gmax is still available and will be for quite awhile

No matter what freeware program is used, the successful content creators eventually wind up with 3ds Max

I am definitely thankful that Planet Auran invested in the creation of the Trainz Asset Creation Studio and selected Autodesk/Discreet gmax. :wave:

golly, i use 3ds max and blender as well, I mostly use blender for me. It's faster, easier, and made it Soo easy for me to uv map and texture bake (not sure how to do that though since ivantr was the expert of it). 3ds max however, it's very difficult for me to texture wrap, and export into trainz.

Last edited:
:cool: Thanks for your reply Mikey. All I can say is "practice makes perfect!"

Instead of a dialogue of opinions on your favorite programs and because this thread is for screenshots,

Please add to your posts what program you use to create with!

Nice one Mick, one of my favorite class of Aussie locos right there. Operation jandal might actually be getting somewhere lol.

William :)

well, im learning i just did a reskin but now everything is like blank like a faulty dependencey on a loco

GIMP (ten characters)
I can tell you right now what your problem is M00se you're saving the TGA's as compressed files what you need to do to fix is reopen in gimp go to file>save as> go through the process but look for the RLE compression setting and uncheck the box and continue process. you MUST redo this every time you open a gimp session, not every time you open a new image but each time you don't have gimp open at all and open it. hope that helps your dilema. but for future reference this isn't the place to post questions, this is for CC's to post pics of things they are modeling. if you've got any more questions just shoot me a PM and I'll respond that way (click my name and then on my profile click send PM or w/e) I'm not a pro at reskinning by any sort of means but there's few questions I can't solve about gimp and if there's something I can't answer then I know people who do and if I don't know someone who can answer the question. well then you just have to google :p
I think that qualifies as ten characters :hehe:

I can tell you right now what your problem is M00se you're saving the TGA's as compressed files what you need to do to fix is reopen in gimp go to file>save as> go through the process but look for the RLE compression setting and uncheck the box and continue process. you MUST redo this every time you open a gimp session, not every time you open a new image but each time you don't have gimp open at all and open it. hope that helps your dilema. but for future reference this isn't the place to post questions, this is for CC's to post pics of things they are modeling. if you've got any more questions just shoot me a PM and I'll respond that way (click my name and then on my profile click send PM or w/e) I'm not a pro at reskinning by any sort of means but there's few questions I can't solve about gimp and if there's something I can't answer then I know people who do and if I don't know someone who can answer the question. well then you just have to google :p
I think that qualifies as ten characters :hehe:

Or over 9,000 characters! :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

WHERE? Now i have a free student license for 3 years, in only 2 steps. But 3DSMax for 900$?? Where? If for all people the price is 3000$. Really does you have bought it?

Back