GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Many use either GMAX or Blender; both are completely FREE!

peter

I've been using Gmax for about 2 years or so now. Guess some would call me an "expert" although I still feel like I have a LONG way to go! ;) (Created several engines in Gmax).

tn_Screen_035.jpg

Not experienced with Blender, don't want to learn a new program and Gmax is awesome once you learn your way around it.

Would love the rendering capabilities of 3dsMax.....

Terry

Would love the rendering capabilities of 3dsMax.....

See, that's the thing, Blender incorporates all of those rendering capabilities. It's really not a huge learning curve, you just have to get used to the non-Windows Oriented interface of the program.

Updates:

rustonslatetractor-1.png

Cheerio,
John

heres a SMR 10 class loco im creating in sketchup. sketchup is the easiest to use (imo)

my first creation was this, and im hoping to convert it to trainz (thank you Euphod!)
and hopefully animate some pistons,
havent got any bogies or wheels yet, but this is only bout 30 mins of work

yeah, im going to look up some things and try, but if not ill just start using Blender or Gmax,
i just wanted to try Sketchup :)

It's fictional...you can name it if you want.

Well, if you want a CLCo style name, I'd say it would be something like a RL18B, RL= road locomotive, 18= 1800 hp, B= 4 wheel trucks. If you're making 6 wheel trucks, then it would be a RL18C. You could also change the horsepower rating. If you want the name, that is.

Sketchup might be the easiest to use, but it's the hardest to get into trainz.

I can not agree more. Gmax is far harder to learn, but its worth it. I think sketchup may have its place in trainz, It make building complicated Trucks easier, but beyond that, I have yet to find a real place for it.

I have one sketchup project left, after that is finished, its going to be just Gmax

I can not agree more. Gmax is far harder to learn, but its worth it. I think sketchup may have its place in trainz, It make building complicated Trucks easier, but beyond that, I have yet to find a real place for it.

I have one sketchup project left, after that is finished, its going to be just Gmax

Good for you for learning. I decided that I'm going to have to learn animation and texturing so I can release my own stuff instead of always sending it to David. My reason for Sketchup is 1. Modern cabs, and 2. working from plans. My Gmax won't show plans clearly for some reason. So, because of that, and renders, I am trying to learn Blender.

Well, if you want a CLCo style name, I'd say it would be something like a RL18B, RL= road locomotive, 18= 1800 hp, B= 4 wheel trucks. If you're making 6 wheel trucks, then it would be a RL18C. You could also change the horsepower rating. If you want the name, that is.

Thanks. I'm probably going to add the fuel tank, the safety bars, and the front plow today. I'm not a skinner so I could need one if a few want its release.

Back