GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

image.png

You do not know how gratifying this screenshot is. Yes its incomplete and riding on invisible bogies. But its ingame!
Now I just have to get the drive wheels from going all weird on me I export them.

mre12ax7, in your Yellowstone Project's dedicated thread, benjaminw mentioned something about a smooth shader modifier that you can apply to the model so that it looks less blocky in-game. It basically makes the model look more round and realistic, without adding to the poly count. Should help you 2-8-8-4 pop when operated in driver mode.

Adding Details

Class-B-Work-in-Progress.jpg

Illinois Terminal System Class B after a day of pipe-bending. (Up top is alternate driver window, sealed instead of clear-view panel.)

working on a new coach/combine design. Instead of the usual bullnose style platform roof, I've gone ahead and went with a broken duckbill style roof.

G03UXG7.jpg
{img}

Rock On!
~Dusten

Lovely B class loc Pweiser :D Which livery will it have ?

Red-topped green, and yellow. I realize there were other variants, but will leave those to reskinners (if any). OTOH, it should be fairly easy to make a Class C out of it if I can figure out how four trolley poles work :confused: .

-Image Gone-

Amazing! Will it be compatible with Trainz 2010 or will I have to backdate it when it's available, also that is the most accurate DM&IR Yellowstone I ever seen in Trainz, Daylighttrain did good too but I find it odd how he used a Union Pacific Big Boy for the mesh and reskin

Its trainz build 3.4 You will have to backdate it. Daylighttrain used the Big Boy because it looked the closest to the Yellowstones.
There is one other one that I am aware of but it is payware.

I have not figured out the smooth modifier that was suggested to me.
Yes I have been using accurate drawings that are to scale. They are from the model railroader cyclopedia.

Right click the boiler. On the left side panel under tools should be a smooth button. Press it. Then on the right side panel there should be a blue wrench. Thats the modifiers. Click it then edge split.

image.png

Added some strapping to the boiler and a access hatch on top (all of this is prototypical, strapping will be same color of boiler)

Back