GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Cool Roadrailer! Reminds me an awful lot of the ones C&O ran over this way.

C&O%20186.jpg

Baby's first relay box. Small beginnings. CLW spec, based off plans from a Conrail CS-2502 relay house.

xmHGh8F.jpg

Last edited:
Oh boy a D49. Ed you have done a stunning job! Morayshire here we come. I can finally retire the old PaulzTrainz one.

Cool Roadrailer! Reminds me an awful lot of the ones C&O ran over this way.
C&O%20186.jpg

...... It is the C&O one built under licence in the UK by PSL Limited (the C&O shipped two prototypes to the UK in 1958) they were the very early type with rounded corners, no side door and a roof walkway and ladders.

Picked up the latest Great Model Railroads and hit a SOO streak.

Could work on this bandit the rest of my life and not be satisfied with the textures.
Bandit.jpg

Soo-Geep.jpg

Soo-SD40-2.jpg

The SD40-2 is one of those rare birds. Laundry shoot blower without dynamic brakes. Have pictures of some that evidently had the dynamic brakes added and have a widened extended range portion of the DB section. Until the CSX SD40-3's, I never noticed that on any Dash 2 before.

Picked up the latest Great Model Railroads and hit a SOO streak.

Could work on this bandit the rest of my life and not be satisfied with the textures.

The SD40-2 is one of those rare birds. Laundry shoot blower without dynamic brakes. Have pictures of some that evidently had the dynamic brakes added and have a widened extended range portion of the DB section. Until the CSX SD40-3's, I never noticed that on any Dash 2 before.

if only you released 4610, but who am I to complain? Those are nice

Still trying to map this hopper correctly and I'm still not getting the desried effect no real shadowing on it apart from sum dark faces which I have moved by a couple of degrees but the over all shadowing is missing despite trying every render combination I can come up with and quite a few wild guess's . Still quite happy with it though.
r1.jpg

Cheers Mick.:)

First time posting here. My first project for the Trainz community will be modeling the three tank engines that worked at Southampton Docks.

First up is the LSWR B4 Class:

1xPUlOS.png
[/IMG]

I'm really new at this so any advice or criticisms are welcome as they will help me improve for the future. I hope you all enjoy the project.

Tanker46

Last edited:
Loco is essentially fully textured - I have to map the valve gear and reversing linkage and put the text on the builder's plate (other side). Then on to the tender.
up119_by_trainboi-dcsxtzo.png

Back