GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Can we continue this discussion in my Blender tutorial thread? The answers are in the tutorial, you just have to read it. Although if you are willing to give up after 5 minutes then Blender probably isn't for you anyway.

Paul

This is a mere opinion, but I hope people can understand.

I see in this thread many people encouraging and damn-near worshiping the old veterans who constantly produce amazing work. It's always lovely to see their stuff, and always good to encourage them, of course.

Perhaps though it would be more helpful to give comments and criticism to the people who have less experience who perhaps don't produce such amazing models consistently? They're the people who we really need to encourage in our community.

Instead of saying 'wow, amazing work *so and so*, you always make such great models', perhaps we could give more tips to people who aren't at such a level?

South African Railways Class 31

Newbie to 3D Modeling - 2 months now - tried Gmax but prefer 3DS Max - All my stuff will be for TS2009

Comments please - Constructive feedback will be appreciated
Class31zz.jpg

Class31_001.jpg

Class31_002.jpg
Class31_003.jpg

Class31_N002.jpg
Class31_N003.jpg
Class31_N004.jpg
Class31_O001.jpg
Class31_O002.jpg

Newbie to 3D Modeling - 2 months now - tried Gmax but prefer 3DS Max - All my stuff will be for TS2009

Last edited:
Sorry My Computers all of a sudden got a Internet virus it's running very slow and it keeps frezzing when I try and post up the renders...:(

But it still fast enough to let me edit this post.

AWSOME RENDERS EVERYONE!!!:D

And PH Im Not giving up at all.
After work I could not wait to try again and sorry That I got Angry.;)

Last edited:

Class31zz.jpg

Class31_001.jpg

Class31_002.jpg
Class31_003.jpg

Class31_N002.jpg
Class31_N003.jpg
Class31_N004.jpg
Class31_O001.jpg
Class31_O002.jpg

Excellent models and textures!! What country are the locos from?

Good morning

I build since not long time the tram type 8NGTW from Kassel

I hope you like

b4tvv0uwn5cvoboys.jpg

b4tvvajpzzsxxmb6s.jpg

b4tvvkq7fim4rw3z8.jpg

b4tw0wmgipfafczs4.jpg

b4tw1difdc9nikld0.jpg

It is just a guy behind the project remain

Last edited:
@Enginetension...

I really don't mean to cause offence here, but I find it incredibly difficult to believe you've only been doing 3D modelling for 2 months...
Learning how to use the software competently, and then learning the finer points, as you have done, can take years. I'm struggling to work out how you've managed to learn how to use the software, aswell as effectively create such masterpieces in such a short space of time.
I'm not questioning you, I'm just curious, and I'm in awe of your work. Maybe you could enlighten me?

Cheers

Chris

I'm not saying your lieing but I to agree with Sparky. It is quite mind boggling at how you have become so good in such a short amount of time ad learn the art of texturing aswell.

All in all the models look excellent:D

Back