GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Hi All
Another small update on the K class, with a lot more progress coming along!

vr-k-class-028.jpg

Regards
Zec

WIP - Bipolar

Work-in-Progress---Bipolar.jpg

Initial trial of the A end in Blender. Have to wonder how many guys caught their feet in that angled grab iron over the years... :eek:

just what we needed. This is going to beat TUME's bipolar that's in development hell.
I wonder if you can try a P30CH or high nose ALCO C420

A few steps later. Animated distribution links and exported to T:ANE and TRS19 . Working fine ... maybe some correction in textures and next try PBR material .

Last edited:
A beauty. Can you do a single light option?

Best,
smyers

I'd consider it. There's so many different configurations of the NW2, it's hard to keep track. Would have to find a good set of reference photos though; I'm lucky that my reference for this model so far has been me climbing around the unit and taking as many pictures as I can.

Finally took the time to read the drawings of the SP GS-2/GS-3 Trailing Truck frame and was actually able to find every measurement needed. The bolster rocking guides haven't been built as of yet, but the springs have been modeled and soon I'll have my SP Journal Boxes modeled for both 9x14 and 7x14 journals as required from the drawings.
Trailing_Truck_v2.jpg

Trailing_Truck.jpg

Thanks,
Logan Thurman

So I made some new changes to the models of the SP GS-3 as now I've gotten more drawings and information from the California State Railroad Museum Drawing Archives. Some of the changes are to the mesh model of the 80 inch Drivers, I had to redo the unwrapping for new and better textures. I've also took some time to actually make some real steel tires to know how the surfaces cut. Turns out when painted you can still see the shape of the metal's cut surfaces from the lathe's cutting tools. I replicated that in my model's textures. And All new Trailing Wheels have been completed and the ends are machined spiraled too. The Pilot Wheels have been completed and textured to the proper specs of the prototype drawings.

New Driver with Textures.
Main_Driving_Wheel.jpg

Pilot Wheel with Textures.
Pilot_Wheels.jpg

Trailing Truck Frame and Wheels. No Journals added.
Trailing_Truck_v2.jpg

Thanks,
Logan Thurman

Back