GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

11213.png

ACS-64

That thing is gonna need some horizons trailing behind it. Although not prototypical (prolly the horizon would blow up going as fast as trains do on the NEC) it'd look cool. Do you need a tight locking coupler?

More progress, and I think this is the correct Walschaerts Valve Gear now:
https://youtu.be/sy8Yui6iH3Y
gME4qwho_o.gif

A few things to note:
1. The crosshead should aligned with the crosshead guide, not behind it.
2. The expansion link should be wider and the radius rod should go through it.
3. The eccentric crank is clipping through the main rod, it needs to be moved out on the X axis.
4. The main rod should go through the crosshead, not sit outside it.

This photo might help you, there aren’t too many around of the surviving 3460 class so this is the best I could find.

atsf3463-4.jpg

A few things to note:
1. The crosshead should aligned with the crosshead guide, not behind it.
2. The expansion link should be wider and the radius rod should go through it.
3. The eccentric crank is clipping through the main rod, it needs to be moved out on the X axis.
4. The main rod should go through the crosshead, not sit outside it.

This photo might help you, there aren’t too many around of the surviving 3460 class so this is the best I could find.
Thank you daylight! All seem relatively easy and I will fix them.

More Walscheart's gear. This time inside the frames of a British loco.

Another point to note with the one above is that the radius rod should not connect directly to the valve spindle. It should be connected to the combination lever just above (or below, depending on valve type) the valve spindle.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

That thing is gonna need some horizons trailing behind it. Although not prototypical (prolly the horizon would blow up going as fast as trains do on the NEC) it'd look cool. Do you need a tight locking coupler?

Nah, I already have a coupler mesh, and ACS-64s with horizions? that would look amazing.

bandicam_2020-09-29_19-45-47-964.png

Not the final bake, i'm just testing things out, then I will remap, add textures with substance, and then maybe add PBR.

Back