GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Ice cold Fire Water.

8ab2a2bd5292cf598a9b7aec721541b4.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten

Nice renders all,

I stayed up late a "few" nights working on this... the loco(s) are still undergoing modeling, the FeF-3 however, is very close to being textured and rendered.
Note: This is a Blender Render. I do not think that I can get the model to look exactly the same when I export it to Trainz but, I will do my best to get as close as possible. Also, the textures for this are not yet 100% finished, I still have some detailing to do yet. As it turns out, the Trebuchet MS font looked pretty good...
Man, that centipede truck was a devil to model...
1912046e964d511e637596a38e401313.jpg

Last edited:
As we cross to the other side of the tracks for QR City Train - Ferny Grove. The local Mitchelton "Centerlink" Office.
Mitchy%20Centerlink_zpsj53ldajm.jpg

Regards,

M.G

It's an unfortunate fact of life that many steam locos in the UK went to the scrappers. I've noticed that all bogy creators have the whole items. I've played around and made single generic driving wheels and a tyre off a steam loco for scrapyards. They are rollable upto 9odeg to lean or lay flat in piles.

Single spoked wheel.
Scrap generic driving wheel.jpg

Cut off the hub for speed.
Scrap generic driving wheel 2.jpg

Chopped due to inability to get round the scrappers rail curves.
Scrap generic driving wheel 3.jpg

Tyre on it's own, again rollable to 90deg.
Scrap generic driving tyre.jpg

Hey Austin, How do you feel helping me out with the FEF-1 once you complete the FEF-3?

Logan,

I may not have said this before, so I might as well make it more easily known.
I am planning on doing the entire FEF series. FEF-1 through FEF-3. Once I get one completed then it should be fairly easy to do the other two as all three classes had a lot of the same looks and parts.
Some screenshots of at least the FEF-3 should be coming up fairly soon...

BTW, Stationmistress. Having scrap steam locomotive parts is a really good idea. Not to mention that you are doing a fantastic job of modeling them!

Last edited:
Logan,

I may not have said this before, so I might as well make it more easily known.
I am planning on doing the entire FEF series. FEF-1 through FEF-3. Once I get one completed then it should be fairly easy to do the other two as all three classes had a lot of the same looks and parts.
Some screenshots of at least the FEF-3 should be coming up fairly soon...

BTW, Stationmistress. Having scrap steam locomotive parts is a really good idea. Not to mention that you are doing a fantastic job of modeling them!

Excellent choice, the only real difference between the classes was 77in drivers on the FEF-1's, 80in on the rest, superheaters on the FEF-2's and 3's, and the inclusion of dual exaust stacks and centipede type tenders on the FEF-3's. Some earlier FEF models where retrofitted with them as well.

If I could make a request, how about some experimental FEF's? UP 815 was fitted with a experimental streamlined casing on top as part of the UP's early attempts to improve draft on the locomotives. As we all know, they eventually settled on smoke deflectors but this would definitely be a unique engine to model.

mm815.jpg

Excellent choice, the only real difference between the classes was 77in drivers on the FEF-1's, 80in on the rest, superheaters on the FEF-2's and 3's, and the inclusion of dual exhaust stacks and centipede type tenders on the FEF-3's. Some earlier FEF models where retrofitted with them as well.

If I could make a request, how about some experimental FEF's? UP 815 was fitted with a experimental streamlined casing on top as part of the UP's early attempts to improve draft on the locomotives. As we all know, they eventually settled on smoke deflectors but this would definitely be a unique engine to model.

Actually, the FEF-2s also had the centipede tenders as well. As you said, the FEF-1s had been upgraded and they eventually had centipede tenders too.
UP #814 is an example of this...
e9f02dab74b02ad7ff30594498abf77d.jpg

As for the experimental FEF. I am thinking about it.
There is one difference between the FEF-1/2 tenders and the FEF-3 tenders. The FEF-3 tender had/has two lights on the back instead of one.

Back