GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Still more work to do on the body alone. I worked on the frame and some pipe details today. I think I'm having a little trouble with the scale of this thing, but I may have worked it out, I'll have to see when I load it into T:ANE. I think the locomotive is starting to come together though.
007e50e4764a93faf1359643390e1fa0.png

ooo a cog locomotive. I can't wait to see how that turns out.

Anyway I'm trying to make a fireman. This is my best attempt. He's too tall I see, so I'm trying to get everything looking right. I'm going for a 19th to early 20th century fireman. I would love to take Willy the Gimp and redesign him.

06ee1ee1bc89a2aac009fdb90d90b2f6.jpg

Rock On
~Dusten

Ivan Ivan Ivan. I mean this in the nicest of (sarcastic of) ways: you must simply slow down with all the projects you're doing all at once. I'm trying to stay whelmed but lately I've been glued to the screen waiting for you to post something new. I want to relax but the foamer inside can't stay quiet seeing all these railroading miracles before me.

Great job!!!

Some new stock , work in details and interior yet but functional ,at least over 87721 ...
Built in 1938 by Central Uruguay Railway, with wooden body over english metallic frame, they were used until the 80's.

2ih87s1.jpg

Go ahead ...

@ mick1960:
When I was a schoolboy our class visited Berlin several times - and of course we rode the "S-Bahn". I like these cars and your creation looks very good.
The most impressive thing I remember was the sound of its traction motors - at any speed - during acceleration and during the slowdowns. I hope you can manage it to capture some nice sequensees of that sound suitable to create a nice sound asset for your nice car - that would be great.

Viele Grüße aus Chemnitz :)
Your's TUME

Last edited:
@ mick1960:
When I was a schoolboy our class visited Berlin several times - and of course we rode the "S-Bahn".

I grew up with these great trains. It's an important part of my youth. Wherever you wanted to go, it was always the S-Bahn, which brought you there..

[...]The most impressive thing I remember was the sound of its traction motors - at any speed - during acceleration and during the slowdowns.

The sound of our S-Bahn is carved into my memory, it is unmistakable. And I really miss it in daily life!

I hope you can manage it to capture some nice sequensees of that sound suitable to create a nice sound asset for your nice car - that would be great.

Viele Grüße aus Chemnitz :)
Your's TUME

I hope too!

Mick!

Mapped, Baked and textured.

image_zpselz6qrri.png

While I'm here I have an issue that's been driving me nuts for a while and it's something I'd like to have solved, it's do with the 32bit alpha's between alpha numbers and alpha letters, while alpha numbers dim as you move away from the model and keep their shape alpha letters become more solid and increase in size as they blur, I've tried Masked=Hint and Compression=DXT5 however it's the same results.

Cheers.

Almost done with the locomotive. I animated the hatch that covers the water tank on the left side of the locomotive. All that is left are the side rods and their animation, wheel animation, little details in and around the locomotive, and finally some photo-realistic texturing.
5fbcdcfbff4b27828ce107e2d47f7f23.png

Hello, the tender of 4-6-0 # 215 is already finalized! Missing just finishing but this is simpler.
001.png

The engine progresses well, so the most complicated is being resolvable which is the animation of the driving wheels and rods. The rest is being carefully finalized, hopefully by the end of the week get the interior of the cabin finished.
image.png

image.png

I'm crazy to have it ready, so I can start another project, I think it's going to be a Texas lol... Thanks!

I'm crazy to have it ready, so I can start another project, I think it's going to be a Texas lol... Thanks!

Lol dang dude a 2-10-4 Texas type? Man I really need to figure out the issue with the drive wheels. Will take a look at the mesh file you sent me yesterday.

Back